New User Soon to Be 2.0TDi DSG S-Line owner.

Gti Jazz Blue

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Morning All,

I have been instructed to pop into the 8P section by the Moderator, as I will be picking up his (MarriedBlonde) A3 Saturday afternoon by which time it will be mine :icon_thumright:

Started concidering mods already, I can't decide if I should keep it as a Q car or fit the Caractere Body Kit (which is very nice). Already on the list is a Neuspeed rear ARB and Koni FSD shocks. I may also look into changing the exhaust.

I will be transfering my private plate on the the Golf next week and then that will either go to a friend of a friend or up on the trader.

Need to start reading up on Long Coding of the modules as I need audible confirmation of the Alarm set.

Paul.

i was told by Audi that the audible alarm beep is not possible....

klauster said:
i was told by Audi that the audible alarm beep is not possible....

My dealer switched mine on.
It's not legal,but it's certainly possible.

Welcome :D Congrat on the soon to be 8P.

One thing, what is the Audible Alarm Beep?

emzino said:
Welcome :D Congrat on the soon to be 8P.

One thing, what is the Audible Alarm Beep?

Little beep to tell you the car is locked/alarm primed.
In conjunction with the indicators.
I find it incredibly handy,although some feel the flashing indicators is enough.

does the dealer sort this for you?? i wouldnt mind getting this done as sometimes i return to my car if i feel i havent locked it

Mine happened in a round about sort of way.
I went to get the drive-off autolock switched off.
The mechanic switched it off but accidentally switched on the alarm beep at the same time.
He went "******",I went "WHOOOOAH,I like that,leave it !"

Boydie said:
does the dealer sort this for you?? i wouldn't mind getting this done as sometimes i return to my car if i feel i haven't locked it

Best off getting a mate with Vag-com to do it unless you're very friendly with your dealer. When I asked at mine they wanted to charge me 1/2 hour labour. Do you think they ever wonder why they're know as 'stealers'?

Welcome Gti Jazz Blue. Another UKMKIVs refugee?

rich1068 said:
Welcome Gti Jazz Blue. Another UKMKIVs refugee?

Yes I am :hubbahubba:

Mind there is talk of adding an Audi section over there as so many of us seem to be switching brands to Audi. :bye:

Thanks for the Welcome guys (are there any girls ?)

Paul

Interesting last statement. Why do you reckon everybody is switching over to Audi from VW?

Ain't they the same car... (in terms of MK5 Golf > Audi A3 8P)

I've been a member of UKMKIVs for a number of years and here's my take.

It's not the cars or simply people just switching. It's the forum demographic and some of the longer term users. Many are moving onto the MKV but also some are fancying a bit of a change and going for Audi. Some are obviously just leaving the whole car scene full stop. It's just people moving on. Many of the newer users over on UKMKIVs are picking up MKIVs now for a few grand and doing the mods etc that you and I did two or three years ago. The MKIV is now a very affordable car. I don't read the 8L forums on here but I'm sure the same is happening. People move on and so do forums.

mikep said:
Paul! How the devil are you?

Bought a decent car at last I see, even if it was Marrried's.....

Two Revo dealers on the same forum, this should be fun!

Morning Mike.

The car has been well looked after, a search of the forums for MarriedBlonde's forum posts, doesn't reveal any "gave the car a good caning or spanking" posts from James - so I guess it will be OK :scared2:

No longer a dealer though, back to full time IT for me as circumstances changed.

Paul

Well people changing VW to Audi and Audi people going to BMW...

It seems, these days, BMW is the new "Audi"...

Pedro

Paul, sorry to hear that, although I'm working with NU 5 days a week at the moment, vastly more profitable than being a Revo dealer but sadly far less fun. At least I have the evenings and weekends to do the remaps.

mikep said:
Paul, sorry to hear that, although I'm working with NU 5 days a week at the moment, vastly more profitable than being a Revo dealer but sadly far less fun. At least I have the evenings and weekends to do the remaps.

A mate of mine is on a contract at NU at the moment, he is up in York (I'm sure he is on a project replacing Novell), drives up Sunday night (late) and back Thrusday Evening. Luckily he has a PD115 Bora so fuel isn't too bad.

Thanks to a rather slow DVLA I am going to have to wait till Monday Evening now.

Damn slow civil servants and government departments :no:

newbiecrg said:
It seems, these days, BMW is the new "Audi"...

i thought it was the other way round, if you look nowadays people who consider buying a BMW now also consider the Audi

a few years ago this wasn't the case

it was Merc vs BMW

nowadays its Merc vs BMW vs Audi

RobinA3 said:
i thought it was the other way round, if you look nowadays people who consider buying a BMW now also consider the Audi

a few years ago this wasn't the case

it was Merc vs BMW

nowadays its Merc vs BMW vs Audi

There seems to be a fair few members on here going the other way. Audi -> BMW

J.

Well it is mine and I'm loving it.

Bose isn't bad but will have to go eventually for some uprated ICE, I will probably keep the HU though and pre-out it to an Alpine PXA-H600 into some PDX amps and install my Focal Utopias in the front stock locations.

Find some decent co-ax for the rear fill and the best solution for loosing the least amount of boot space for a sub.

Right I'm off to do a baseline VAG-COM scan so that I have a baseline backup of the module coding.

Odd thing is the Window roll-down works from the remote, but not the roll-up.

I also think I am going to have to adjust the Xenons as they are too low.

LOL....funny thing is I had to get them adjusted lower as they where to high! I had a couploe of people get out f the car in front to come and speak to me!

In the end had to get audi to do it!

Just done my first long Coding change. :)

Added the audible beep to lock and un-lock and switched off the selective unlocking.

I found with my mark IV Golf as I have the anti-hijack enabled and most journeys are eith two of us or if I'm on my own with something in the boot, I was double clicking to unlock all. So disabling the selective unlocking is the best option for me.

Right now I'm off to uninstall the Parrot BT kit from the Golf.

Paul

alanjonesbath said:
Press and hold the lock/unlock button instead of just the usual quick press.

That function takes an age to work on my car.
I'm quicker getting back in the car,switching the ignition back on and putting the window up via the door switch.
Mind you,I hardly ever drive with the windows down.
I have aircon and I don't smoke.

One of my past cars (think it was a Renault,can't remember) just used to do it itself the moment as you pressed the lock button,which was quite cool.

I would imagine this could be done with VAGCOM,as all you would be doing is taking away the 'delay'.

Right I sused the remote roll up, you need to have been in the car with the ignition on. When you get out if you leave the windows open, you can lock and hold the lock button and it will roll the windows back up.

There is a comfort module autom closing setting which I enabled but that doesn't seem to automatically close the Windows when you lock it.

The other odd thing I have found is that the central electrics option for Xenon isn't set on, so I may need to investigate further on that one.

I am using the excellant Long Coding Utility add on for VAG-COM and once I selected the correct 8P info text file for mine (as it is a 13 byte module) it shows you all of the options.