New-used car warranty

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
Car is 63 plate, manufacturers warranty runs out 1st Sept 2016, 4 months left.
Used car warranty is 12 months, and im told this is from the purchase date, NOT at the end of manufacturers warranty, so in actual fact the car will only get an extra 8 months warranty.

Does anybody have any similar experience? and can the warranty be extended beyond the standard 3 year manufacturers warranty?

Cheers
Karl

The warranty on used cars starts from the purchase date is normal, unless the car still has over 12 months manufacturers warranty.

You can buy extended warranties from 3rd parties or some manufacturers like Porsche and Audi do offer extended warranties at a cost. My delivery driver has AA warranty that covers the first £500 of any problem.

Audi will be offering you another warranty when your current one is about to lapse. Be aware that most warranties only cover the car for an actual breakdown and just repair the broken bits. It something mechanical is noisy, just worn, squeaks etc. they won't cover it. There are also £ limits on each claim. Do your homework on all the conditions with different warranty companies before you decide.

In the end got an extra years warranty with the deal. It's got 4 months of manufacturers warranty left, and then will have an additional 20 months on top of that.
Mother is happy, and I'm happy mother is covered

Reactions: jojo
I've just covered my 535d with 3 years from Warranty First. It covers tons of parts including some wear and tear like suspension, bushes, and wheel bearings. They pay for the first £1000 of any claim and even cover consequential damage. So if a turbo goes and takes out the intercooler too both are covered etc.