Facelift New tyres

h5djr

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My A3 was in for it's first service today at my normal Audi dealers. I had a phone call from them to say that, whilst not yet illegal, my tyres would soon need to be changed. They were 2.5mm on the front and 3mm on the rear. They told me the price of replacement by them would normally be £116 each by they would do the four for £100 each. I said I would think about it and call them back.

I checked with my usual tyre deport who will always match BlackCircle prices and they wanted £84 per tyre.
Phone the dealer back and said I could get them for £84 each and would they match that price. They agreed and I now have four new tyres with no further hassle.

The tyres are Dunlop Sport Maxx RT - 225/45 R17 91Y, the same as the came fitted with and had done 19k miles.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and BarryG79
Tyre fitting is one price match 'promise' that Audi main dealers seem to honour without problem.
Check Kwikfit online price, usually cheaper than Black Circles and Audi can check the price on-line so no arguments, no getting written quotes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Audi Bairn and oli356
Tyre fitting is one price match 'promise' that Audi main dealers seem to honour without problem.
Check Kwikfit online price, usually cheaper than Black Circles and Audi can check the price on-line so no arguments, no getting written quotes.
Makes sense I suppose ... and its not an Audi part, so they can't argue that the indy uses different filters or whatever.. (not like oil is made by Audi mind you).

Not necessarily, I’ve got my 1st service coming up and Inchcape Audi in Crawley told the wife that they do not price match tyres anymore.

Cheapest place for tyres I've found has consistently been Costco. Plus have an offer on , £50 off two new tyres if 19" or larger rims. Think it is £40 for 18" and so on.
PS4s are £145 normally there. So £240 for 2 is a steal!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn