New Tyres Recommendations

craigomills

Reaction score
The original Conti tyres are coming up for replacement. After 13k miles I have a couple of mm left to go.
What are your recommendations for decent tyres that will last longer than the continentals? Car is a 40TDI Quattro.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5 tyres on my 40 TDI Quattro and they're great. VERY comfortable, great in the wet (and dry) and wear seems to be good so far.

3768 4 l

On my previous Q5 I had Pirelli. And the car went in at 12700 with 5mm at the front and 6mm left on the back…some days were lead foot and others not so much…

How are these for wear?

Very good on my RS6 on 21inch tyres. They will need changing around the end of October. As for mileage cant give you an exact amount as they were on the car when i purchased it. I've done a round 9000 on them in my ownership & car has never been on a track so just general everyday motoring.

Only thing you can knock Michelin Pilot Sport 4 for is they are not sporty .

Reactions: DRkNESS
@psychopomp1 how are you getting on with the eagle f1's?
I'm thinking of putting them on my 20" wheel I've just received.
Costco has 100 quid off if you buy 4 so £570 for 4 255/40/20 which I think is a good price

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

@psychopomp1 how are you getting on with the eagle f1's?
I'm thinking of putting them on my 20" wheel I've just received.
Costco has 100 quid off if you buy 4 so £570 for 4 255/40/20 which I think is a good price

The Goodyear F1A5's are still going great after about 5k miles. Had a service done a couple of weeks ago, and they noted the tread was still at 7mm on all 4 corners, so wear seems to be really good so far. Also they look very sporty on 20" rims, buy them you won't regret it!

Reactions: Buxton2901
Cheers mate I've placed the order.
Just going to ceramic coat the new wheels before tyres go on

Reactions: psychopomp1
The original Conti tyres are coming up for replacement. After 13k miles I have a couple of mm left to go.
What are your recommendations for decent tyres that will last longer than the continentals? Car is a 40TDI Quattro.

13k! My last set lasted way less than that so you’ve given me a bit of confidence in the ones fitted to my new A6.

I’ll be changing to Dunlop sportmaxx when the time comes. Never had any issues with them.