New tyres needed for 2009 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line Black Edition

betnixfx

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm just wondering if you could recommend me some new tyres? I really not sure what to buy and where.

Thanks in advance!

Michelin pilot sports 3

Goodyear f1 asymmetric

Thats usually the go to tyres on the forums

I recommend Vred Ultrac Vorti for comfort or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 for performance (much stiffer sidewall).

Falken FK453 are a good mid-priced trye or Michelin Pilot Super Sport if you want pure grip.

Hankook evo2 v12 amazing for the price, great in the wet or dry, had them a few times now

On my 2009 2.0T SLine (225/40/18) then I had Goodyear Eagle F1 and they lasted well. Gave good grip and not overly expensive. Recently got all 4 changed (last month) and chose Goodyear Efficient Grip which should suit my almost exclusively motorway and dual carriage A road commute. Paid £80 including fitting from F1autocentres and would recommend them as being probably the cheapest I found (albeit sometimes black circles and/or Camskill + local fitter / mate can be cheaper). Done approximately 1k miles and have no complaints so far.

I guess it may come down to driving style / personal preference and budget.
In the past I’ve tried Bridgestone Potenza’s, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso’s, Dunlop’s etc., but my favourite tyre has to be the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, which I guess suits my driving style, as I never had any issues in the wet or dry and the wear rate seems fantastic (over 2 years fitted and 25k+ miles and still plenty of life left in them.)
My one concern with them, was how they would perform in the snow (given their tread pattern), but in the time I had them on the car (which I sold with them fitted) I didn’t see any snow to test them out.
I’ve just ordered a set 4 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti’s from Blackcircles.com, to go on my current A3 Sport back 2.0 TDI S-line (replacing Dunlop’s – which personally I don’t like the feel of), so hoping for good things from the Vorti’s.
Vredestein seem to be classed as a budget tyre marque by most retailers, but they are only a couple of pounds cheaper than the likes of equivalent Bridgestone, Pirelli’s or Dunlop’s, the hardest part I found was actually finding them locally to me (Shropshire), that’s why this time I’ve ordered through Blackcircle.

Avon ZZ5 for me, great all rounder, they get a good wright up too, Ive had mine on 20k miles now, rears have loads left and fronts have 2k miles left, great wet grip and quiet, just had a look at price at formular one autocenters, £72.70 each fully fitted and balanced. Bargain.

If you live in a wet area of the country. PS3 tyres grip amazingly well.

If you live in a wet area of the country. PS3 tyres grip amazingly well.

many thanks for all of you.

I'm doing some research to find the best fitted price in my area but i guess this isn't just that simple :)

many of you recommended the Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres. These were on my radar anyway so i thought i'll give them a try. Now as far as i can see there are several versions of these:

Goodyear Eagle F1
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Now the cheapest so far is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for £83.80 (fitted). £91.6 for the Asymmetric 3. I couldn't really find the other 2 just yet. Is there a huge difference between these? Would you say that Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is the best? I assume the 3 is like make 3 or rev.3 or something like that? Like an updated version of the previous ones? Or i should use google because these are not related at all?

As far as i know, the 3's are a new version launched this year. I had the 2's fitted to fine for about 8000 miles and theyre still great tyres, with about 50% of the depth left. Price wise they seem to jump all over the place, i got mine for about £80 each fitted, but saw them go down to £75 and up to £95. Either way i recommend them

Have you tried your local tyre dealer for supply and fit price. They sometimes come up with a competetive or even cheaper price than on line stores once you take into account postage and fitting charges.