New tyres needed for 2009 Audi A3 2.0T S-Line Black Edition

betnixfx

Hi all,

I'm just wondering if you could recommend me some new tyres? I really not sure what to buy and where.

Thanks in advance!

SnazzyWafles

Michelin pilot sports 3

Goodyear f1 asymmetric

Thats usually the go to tyres on the forums

Sayam

VCDS Map User
I recommend Vred Ultrac Vorti for comfort or Goodyear Eagle F1 Asy2 for performance (much stiffer sidewall).

mister.c.

On my 2009 2.0T SLine (225/40/18) then I had Goodyear Eagle F1 and they lasted well. Gave good grip and not overly expensive. Recently got all 4 changed (last month) and chose Goodyear Efficient Grip which should suit my almost exclusively motorway and dual carriage A road commute. Paid £80 including fitting from F1autocentres and would recommend them as being probably the cheapest I found (albeit sometimes black circles and/or Camskill + local fitter / mate can be cheaper). Done approximately 1k miles and have no complaints so far.

Sparks#72

I guess it may come down to driving style / personal preference and budget.
In the past I’ve tried Bridgestone Potenza’s, Pirelli P-Zero Rosso’s, Dunlop’s etc., but my favourite tyre has to be the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta, which I guess suits my driving style, as I never had any issues in the wet or dry and the wear rate seems fantastic (over 2 years fitted and 25k+ miles and still plenty of life left in them.)
My one concern with them, was how they would perform in the snow (given their tread pattern), but in the time I had them on the car (which I sold with them fitted) I didn’t see any snow to test them out.
I’ve just ordered a set 4 Vredestein Ultrac Vorti’s from Blackcircles.com, to go on my current A3 Sport back 2.0 TDI S-line (replacing Dunlop’s – which personally I don’t like the feel of), so hoping for good things from the Vorti’s.
Vredestein seem to be classed as a budget tyre marque by most retailers, but they are only a couple of pounds cheaper than the likes of equivalent Bridgestone, Pirelli’s or Dunlop’s, the hardest part I found was actually finding them locally to me (Shropshire), that’s why this time I’ve ordered through Blackcircle.

audismart

YOU ARE JUDGED BY THE CAR YOU DRIVE.
Avon ZZ5 for me, great all rounder, they get a good wright up too, Ive had mine on 20k miles now, rears have loads left and fronts have 2k miles left, great wet grip and quiet, just had a look at price at formular one autocenters, £72.70 each fully fitted and balanced. Bargain.

SootySport

If you live in a wet area of the country. PS3 tyres grip amazingly well.

SootySport

If you live in a wet area of the country. PS3 tyres grip amazingly well.

betnixfx

many thanks for all of you.

I'm doing some research to find the best fitted price in my area but i guess this isn't just that simple :)

many of you recommended the Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres. These were on my radar anyway so i thought i'll give them a try. Now as far as i can see there are several versions of these:

Goodyear Eagle F1
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3

Now the cheapest so far is the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for £83.80 (fitted). £91.6 for the Asymmetric 3. I couldn't really find the other 2 just yet. Is there a huge difference between these? Would you say that Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 3 is the best? I assume the 3 is like make 3 or rev.3 or something like that? Like an updated version of the previous ones? Or i should use google because these are not related at all?

Matt1707

As far as i know, the 3's are a new version launched this year. I had the 2's fitted to fine for about 8000 miles and theyre still great tyres, with about 50% of the depth left. Price wise they seem to jump all over the place, i got mine for about £80 each fitted, but saw them go down to £75 and up to £95. Either way i recommend them

SootySport

Have you tried your local tyre dealer for supply and fit price. They sometimes come up with a competetive or even cheaper price than on line stores once you take into account postage and fitting charges.