New tyres for the S3

dgannon

Dolphin Grey 2007 S3
Reaction score
I was struggling to find posts on tyres, although i'm sure there is a thread somewhere??

I've got pirellis at the moment ahd hate them as they are too loud!! only good thing is i've had 14000miles out of the set and the rears probably have another couple of thou left!

I'm looking at either Michellin Pilot Sport 2's or Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3s (if thats what they are called!

Best price i've had so far fitted is

£125 a corner for the Miches

and

£105 a corner for the Goodyears...

Anybody know where i can get them cheaper and which ones you'd suggest?

I've had both on other cars and think they are both very good with the Miches just a little bit better. Can't decide if they are worth the extra £80 for the set though???

Dave

People appear to favour the Good Year eagle F1 assymetric as they appear to have won all the tests, I have them on my S3 and they are excellent. I was a little concerned at how long they would last as I have always found GY to be a softer compound, these are great they have already outlasted the conti's they replaced. Looking at about £120 a corner though.

Mark

Assymetrics on Camskills @ £108.50 (less F&B) which is a great price. Just fitted them so too early to wax about them, but I like so far.

Some reviews and info here too.

F1 Assymetrics. The level of grip is amazing. Less road nise than my pirellis too.