New Tyres for my S3?

Blowfish

Reaction score
Need 4 new tyres for my S3 and am wondering what tyres you guys have replaced the originals with/whats better?

I'm really enjoying my Michelin Pilot Sport 2's.

They got good reviews, but I've never really heard good things about cheaper Michelins so have left alone.

I went to my tyre dealer after a set of 2 Asymmetric Goodyears and he said, have you seen your rear tyres (to which I responded 'No'). They were worse than the fronts, and illegal. I therefore couldn't wait for the Goodyears to be delivered (3 days). The Michelins are pretty good allrounders, and other than internal cabin noise levels are far better than the Continental Sport Contact 2's which came on the car from new.

That said I want to try the Goodyears next time as the old GSD3's were such a good tyre.

Goodyears are excellent, on my second set on the RS4... getting more expensive now :blow:

Dunlop SP SPORT MAX 235/35/19 GOOD GOOD GOOD

Conti Sport 3s - Got them on mine and despite 300ft lbs of tourqe going through the front wheels, it handles it extremely well esp in the wet!

Awesome tyres!

choice 1: Bridgestone RE-11 (extreme performance tyre & highly recommended)
choice 2: Conti sport 3

Definitely the Bridgestones for me. I got them on as standard which most people don't appear to have done - and i've done almost 13k from new and i've still got tread left...

And i drive 'enthusiastically'.

I have always been a fan of the Eagle F1 GDS3 but now have moved over to the Pirelli P-Zero Rosso which I find really good. Not as much grip as the old eagles but they don't wear half a bad.

Olly

Mine was fitted with Bridgestone RE050s as standard,and as I've said elsewhere,these are horrid tyres.

Poor wet weather grip and braking,next to zero warning when on the limits,and shortly heading off to the bin.

Next up will be the Goodyears.

Mine was fitted with Bridgestone RE050s as standard,and as I've said elsewhere,these are horrid tyres.

Poor wet weather grip and braking,next to zero warning when on the limits,and shortly heading off to the bin.

Next up will be the Goodyears.

I agree, my Bridegstone RE050As are rubbish in the wet, not brilliant in the dry and noisy but unfortunately are wearing slowly (5mm left all round after 11k miles). I can't wait to put some Michelin PS2s on as they transformed my 147GTA......

I agree, my Bridegstone RE050As are rubbish in the wet, not brilliant in the dry and noisy but unfortunately are wearing slowly (5mm left all round after 11k miles). I can't wait to put some Michelin PS2s on as they transformed my 147GTA......

Sound just like the Rossos that came on my A3, they were that bad I took them off at 4k miles and replaced them with GSD3s.

GSD3's very good, I have them on the back of my 8L S3 and they grip very well!!

I have 3 new P-zero Rosso's I managed to get in the deal when buying the car and one really crap tyre that must have been put on to trade the car in. I think the noise level of the zeros is really low as the crap tyre makes some noise at 80mph - time to order 1 more p-zero!!

I have 3 new P-zero Rosso's I managed to get in the deal when buying the car and one really crap tyre that must have been put on to trade the car in. I think the noise level of the zeros is really low as the crap tyre makes some noise at 80mph - time to order 1 more p-zero!!

I would say if you managed to get three Rossos fitted when you bought the car you now have four really crap tyres.

When there are three or four tyre test that come out with the same result I see no reason when owning a sports car to go for anything other than the best tyre. It might wear slightly quicker but then if I was that worried about tyre wear Id drive something to reflect the budget Im running under.

Heres One link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=548794&postcount=13. I did do a big post on tyre reviews but I think the mods have deleted it.

Sorry if thsi is a dumb question but should you replace all 4 tyres at the same time on 4WD cars?

When there are three or four tyre test that come out with the same result I see no reason when owning a sports car to go for anything other than the best tyre. It might wear slightly quicker but then if I was that worried about tyre wear Id drive something to reflect the budget Im running under.

Heres One link http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showpost.php?p=548794&postcount=13. I did do a big post on tyre reviews but I think the mods have deleted it.

spot one, if you have a car that has any degree of performance, then invest in good tyres, it simply isn't worth saving money and buying cheap!

and as far as bridgestone goes, while they make good tyres, they aren't cheap and they seem to be too softer compound, cos they wear out very quick!

Costco are doing Michelin Pilot Sport High Load for £149 per corner so think that im going to go with them!

Try Toyo T1Rs, good prices good in wet and dry.

Also lots of good reviews on the Falken FK452s, and they are very cheap!

As has been said Falken FK452s are well regarded on SeatCupra.net and fairly cheap.

I was certainly happy with them when I had them on my Leon.

i huuuurd that ,,, im getting a set tommoz hope they good ive read reviews online they sound great for the doe

As has been said Falken FK452s are well regarded on SeatCupra.net and fairly cheap.

I was certainly happy with them when I had them on my Leon.