1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Toyota Supra?

BadBoyWhiteRaps Feb 8, 2019

1. BadBoyWhiteRaps

BadBoyWhiteRaps Member

Thoughts on this car? To my mind, 340bhp for a starting price of £53,000 is absurd. It's about 100hp short of being interesting to me, which is a shame. I know stats aren't everything, but if I was going to pay a price like that for a car of that power, I'd be looking at Porsche. SUPRA.jpg

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. evil_scooby

evil_scooby Active Member

Its an interesting car but agree maybe bit less bhp than hoped. But it is rwd and aligned With bmw z4 built. Its a bit like a nicer looking z4 coupe

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

4. BadBoyWhiteRaps

BadBoyWhiteRaps Member

But for a 16 grand higher starting price?

5. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member

That concept looks great, the actual production car is a POS imho:

[​IMG]

TX.

Sandra likes this.
  6. teslaboy

teslaboy Mythos black RS3 8v FL Audi S3 Audi RS3

Looks nice, but completely impractical.
    You can't go camping in one of those.

7. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

Remember that price is for the top spec one so the lower specs with smaller engines will be cheaper. Being a Toyota I would guess the specs would be pretty high, so for the same money and you'd end up with a poverty spec Cayman S with around the same power or a spec'd up Cayman with 300ps.

So to me the price is right in the ball-park for the power output. Everyone expects other manufacturers to make things cheaper than Porsches for some reason.

I bet the straight six sounds a lot better than the flat four in the Cayman. Just a shame Toyota are using BMW drivetrains....

8. CWD

CWD Member

Having had 3 x MK4's it's slightly disappointing published performance looks like it's a 4 second to 60 car and is one of those cars that's supposed to look better in real life than in photos but it would have been much better with a full blown m3/4 engine....

9. D0C

D0C Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team Panther Audi RS3 TTRS

Not for me. But nice to see Toyota making these types of cars...competition has got to be a good thing.

TYb likes this.
  10. ChrisRS3

ChrisRS3 Member

The new BMW supra is a disappointment, after 23 years it gained 24 hp...

evil_scooby and FBF01 like this.
  11. Callump01

Callump01 Active Member Team Nardo Saloon Audi RS3 quattro

The looks don't do it for me unfortunately, in addition to the lacking power for the price.

12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. Phil3

Phil3 Well-Known Member Team Nardo Saloon Audi RS3

Just doesn’t cut it for me... looks wise it’s just not there! I’d image you won’t see too many about when they're available?!

14. Phil Angel

Phil Angel Active Member Sportback TFSI Owners Group Team Shiraz Red Audi A3 Manual

Over styled in my opinion......too many different lines and fussy detailing.....sorry, just my opiinion

15. Ron240

Ron240 Breaking the stereotype Team Ara Blue Gold Supporter S3 Saloon Black Edition

The almost 53 grand price will be for the basic model when it launches.....with the top spec model costing 57 grand. :openmouth:
    I think you are referring to the 4 cylinder versions, but these are reported to be only available for the Japanese market
    I agree with the general consensus in that it is just far too much money for what it is.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  16. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

I understand your point, and maybe I didn't phrase my previous statement correctly. All cars in this class are over-priced. In fact most cars in general.

But I still stand by my point regarding the price for the power. Check out the competition, not just the Porsche Cayman.

The Jaguar F-Type is almost exactly the same price for the same power (340ps), and is probably the more direct "rival" in Toyota's (and BMW's) eyes.