New Toy...

grathies

More Points Than Portsmouth FC
Reaction score
Got my bullet camera kit thru today!

DSC01404.jpg

Gonna be hard wired into my car in my front bumper, has a microphone too which I will mount somewhere suitable!

Also have a solid state media recorder so I can record what Im doing.

Mainly want it for track-days etc, good for filming my mates demo car running the rounds for use with his customers. Plus gonna rent it to my mates. Expect some footage from next weeks trip to Germany

Naturally I wont be recording any illegal activity in my car (incase Hampshire Constabulary are reading this!)

Gonna be making up a few different brackets at work tomorrow

Will get some more pictures and a sample at some point this weekend

Sweeeeeeet be sure to get some videos up from this :)

Looks like a top piece of kit mate, Would love to see the footage from germany when you get back!

Well Im planning on doing a proper video including the evenings and random travelling bits as its always a laugh! I will have seperate sections up on youtube or something as well tho

Its not HD quality BUT its a good way of not having a camera on perminant display

Plus your not allowed to record your trip round the ring...

Do you think you will get on the ring with that mounted on the car>? Even if it's hidden?

I was told recently that the scrutineers at the ring are trained to spot hidden cameras and such like, and will go out of their way to look for them.

Just a thought worth bearing in mind.

Looks awesome though, I made a few vids of my mini a few years back, it's awesome to sit back now and watch them.

Im considering one of these which one/company have you opted for?

Well worst comes to worst Ill take it out, were only 5mins from the Ring at the Hotel!

Its gonna be very well hidden, plus the lads with me have got loud cars close to the noise limit so that takes the heat off me a bit! Few of them are season pass holders and they dont think Ill have any issues, just wait and see

Will get lots of uk track use anyway!

Be nice to have some footage from my car tho. Be nice to put it on my mates and have him follow me too!

Where abouts around here do you do track days? Goodwood is expensive and not too regular from what I've been told.

I really fancy trying mine out on track now it's working properly. I dont expect it to be all that quick, but I'd be interested to see how it handled close to the limit.

Never really do them round here. Coombe is Good, and Oulton Park is my favourite personally

Ill let you know if there are any coming up that Ill be doing, always good to have more people along

Dave, got it thru a mate of mine, Ill see what the qualitys like when im back from Germany before I comment on how good it actually is!

Will do mate

Just having a slight issue with the digital recorders screen at the moment, which has annoyed me but oh well, Ill give it the benefit of the doubt

Gonna try and get it all properly set up and wired in tomorrow

Also comes with a head strap which will be good for mountain biking and when we go up in my mates plane

DSC01405.jpg

Rought mounting position, I have a few brackets being made up at work for me to try, see what works best

IN OTHER GOOD NEWS
Rings cleaing up (hehe)
Yesterday
1816.jpg

Today
webcam.jpg

Two days before that the whole carpark was white! Its been slowly thawing and drying up, obviously its a long course so will have colder/wetter sections but its looking a bit more positive now

Nightime Test (****** rain)

Daytime Test

Ive since angled up it up a bit more, stoped it vibrating as much and moved the microphone!

think you need this above ya splitter mate....they'll spot that a mile away

mate thats quality,how does it record it,can you just turn it on and off inside the car.

Yeah I have a little box in the car which records the camera when I want it too

Gonna be great for trackdays, and will take it out to use when I go up in my mates plane etc

your mate has a plane,rich ******.lol.how much did it set you back inc fitting if you dont mind me askin mate.

So far its cost me just over £300 for the Camera, Battery Pack, Microphone, Leads, Recorder and the brackety that Ive made up

Fitted and set it up myself, gonna see how it goes as I have my trip to Germany on Thrusday so when I get back Ill evaluate just how good it really is!

Guaranteed the ring scrutineers will spot it.

Also, do you have recovery from the 'ring? I'm renewing my ADAC this month so its fresh in my mind.

60 for the year, only people to recover free from the ring and takehome from anywhere in Europe.

fair play mate,good luck on zee ring yaa.my mate done it in his sierra cossie last november and nearly stacked it and saw an 07 plate 911 do so.

Well if they spot it they spot it, Ill have to take it off. Not a huge job to do. Its ****** well concealed now tho, just gonna try and see. Its not the worst thing Ive ever done. Some of my mates go over every month and they seem to think it should be ok, Im not fussed either way as Ill get footage!

Sorting out actual Ring Recovery, got all my euro stuff sorted, just need to do that!

fair play mate,good luck on zee ring yaa.my mate done it in his sierra cossie last november and nearly stacked it and saw an 07 plate 911 do so.

I will be doing bird and tree laps mate, I dont care about how many mintues it takes me to get round, I have no desire to compete in the slightest as its my first trip, and not showing the road respect would end up killing me

Just gonna enjoy my week over there, hoping to do 15 laps over all. See how it goes!

yeah mate thats how id do it,i was told if you dont push it you wish you had and if you do push it you wish you never.lol.

Im not short of offers to go again and have plenty of holiday time to so will be taking it very easy

just wondering, why are you not allowed to video the ring ?

because if you video it, it encourages you to try and go faster, and beat times and such like.....

The ring isn't like any other track, they say it takes hundreds (possibly thousands) of laps to learn the corners, so you never 100% know whats comming next.

So many people dont remember this, and go all out, and come home on a truck!

Sorting out actual Ring Recovery, got all my euro stuff sorted, just need to do that!

ONLY adac will reocver for free from the ring, anyone else has an on the spot 200 euro charge.

Also, joining ADAC covers you in the the UK, to a better level than the AA/RAC and its 50% the cost of the next cheapest home+road+europe recovery service.

because if you video it, it encourages you to try and go faster, and beat times and such like.....

The ring isn't like any other track, they say it takes hundreds (possibly thousands) of laps to learn the corners, so you never 100% know whats comming next.

So many people dont remember this, and go all out, and come home on a truck!

Yeah I know what you mean

As a biker having had mates killed on normal roads, I always have alot of respect for any road, and the Ring is like none other on earth

I deffo wont be showing off like alot of the British Noobs in Scoobs that seem to go over there and crash thining their driving round McDonalds carpark of a Friday night!

1 more day left at work!