New (To Us) Car Detail - Solid Candy White 3 Door VW Move up!

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Did this detail over a few days as I was in no rush on SWMBO new to her VW up!
Hate doing a 'wheels off' detail but the bonus with this one was when I did get the wheels off they looked like that had already been decontaminated recently. All the rear of the wheels needed was a scrub with the detox shampoo to come up nicely
No in progress shots which I should have done really as there was a tree's worth of leaves under the bonnet. Underside of the bonnet didn't look like it had been cleaned since new. Bit of moss where the boot hinge is. Just the finer details needed addressing. Nothing a bit of Surfex wouldn't shift TBH
& yes those wheels are a right PITA to clean

'The process' -

ValetPro citrus pre-wash pre-wash
2 bucket wash with MF mitt & a strong mix G3 Detox shampoo
Wheel arches cleaned with Bilt Hamber Surfex
Paintwork decontaminated with AF ObliTARarte
Paintwork decontaminated with BH Korrosol
All the wheels removed & washed with G3 Detox shampoo
Bodywork and glass wiped down with CarPro Eraser
Coat of Werkstat Prime applied
Coat of 50/50 mix of Sonax BSD & Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Show Detailer V3
Door & boot shuts cleaned with Auto Finesse Rejuvenate
Under bonnet cleaned with BH Surfex
2 x coats of Planet Polish wheel seal and shine applied to the wheels
Tyres dressed with Megs endurance tyre gel
Interior surfaces cleaned with Sonax Matt Finish Cockpit Cleaner
2 x coats of Angelwax H2GO rain repellent applied to windscreen & rear window

Sorry, no ‘in progress’ photo’s, just the ‘completed’ ones

v1LgCA9l.jpg

wJ8ZUEgl.jpg

arKX0LOl.jpg

JUjGr2Wl.jpg

AbFzCrEl.jpg

vqv3AWql.jpg

6k1NcApl.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbs up:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-wifes-candy-white-3-door-vw-move-up.421653/#post-3626833

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Werskat prime **** me thats a old and a great product for light paint....do think you went over board with the paint detox though obliterate plus Korrosol....puddle jumper looks mint mate

You and white Automobiles l just dont get....nothing less rewarding than white paint no other colour shows the guff up more than white.....black or navy next time around lol

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Werskat prime **** me thats a old and a great product for light paint....do think you went over board with the paint detox though obliterate plus Korrosol....puddle jumper looks mint mate

You and white Automobiles l just dont get....nothing less rewarding than white paint no other colour shows the guff up more than white.....black or navy next time around lol
Thanks @jassyo06
Did the OTT decontamination as the car hadn’t been cleaned properly since new - wasn’t as bad as I was expecting but still needed both

Love my white cars as you know. I find em dead easy to keep clean TBH
Only had one black car & I ain’t having another
That mystery blue Leon Cupra was dark enough for me

I agree with you on coloured cars - they all look stunning when clean. There lies the problem for me, it’s keeping them that clean. I just haven’t got the time or patience anymore for that

But hats off to those of you that do

NevMan

Well known member
Did this detail over a few days as I was in no rush on SWMBO new to her VW up!
Hate doing a 'wheels off' detail but the bonus with this one was when I did get the wheels off they looked like that had already been decontaminated recently. All the rear of the wheels needed was a scrub with the detox shampoo to come up nicely
No in progress shots which I should have done really as there was a tree's worth of leaves under the bonnet. Underside of the bonnet didn't look like it had been cleaned since new. Bit of moss where the boot hinge is. Just the finer details needed addressing. Nothing a bit of Surfex wouldn't shift TBH
& yes those wheels are a right PITA to clean

'The process' -

ValetPro citrus pre-wash pre-wash
2 bucket wash with MF mitt & a strong mix G3 Detox shampoo
Wheel arches cleaned with Bilt Hamber Surfex
Paintwork decontaminated with AF ObliTARarte
Paintwork decontaminated with BH Korrosol
All the wheels removed & washed with G3 Detox shampoo
Bodywork and glass wiped down with CarPro Eraser
Coat of Werkstat Prime applied
Coat of 50/50 mix of Sonax BSD & Serious Performance Ultra Gloss Show Detailer V3
Door & boot shuts cleaned with Auto Finesse Rejuvenate
Under bonnet cleaned with BH Surfex
2 x coats of Planet Polish wheel seal and shine applied to the wheels
Tyres dressed with Megs endurance tyre gel
Interior surfaces cleaned with Sonax Matt Finish Cockpit Cleaner
2 x coats of Angelwax H2GO rain repellent applied to windscreen & rear window

Sorry, no ‘in progress’ photo’s, just the ‘completed’ ones

v1LgCA9l.jpg

wJ8ZUEgl.jpg

arKX0LOl.jpg

JUjGr2Wl.jpg

AbFzCrEl.jpg

vqv3AWql.jpg

6k1NcApl.jpg

Thanks for looking :thumbs up:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/bhs-wifes-candy-white-3-door-vw-move-up.421653/#post-3626833

Awesome job as always Col, a tidy little motor. I am with you on the colour front, next time we change will be easier to clean colour....haha, anything easier than black tbf

jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Awesome job as always Col, a tidy little motor. I am with you on the colour front, next time we change will be easier to clean colour....haha, anything easier than black tbf

TRUST ME Ye only want a white car if your NOT into detailing.......I have had 2 white cars and you'll spend all day trying yer best.....and the returns you get for it are pants...........would never go white or black.....nor dark blue like Navarra....just something in the middle of the colour range...is ideal.....flat paints are very rewarding to detail......more so than a metallic paint.....

Bristle Hound

Staff member
TRUST ME Ye only want a white car if your NOT into detailing.......I have had 2 white cars and you'll spend all day trying yer best.....and the returns you get for it are pants...........would never go white or black.....nor dark blue like Navarra....just something in the middle of the colour range...is ideal.....flat paints are very rewarding to detail......more so than a metallic paint.....
Would be a pretty boring world if we all drove the same colour cars @jassyo06
I personally love white's - I'm on my 6th white car since I started doing the detailing malarkey seriousley 11 years ago & can't see it being my last tbh
You have to accept mate we are all different
PS Just out of interest I won a national detailing competition in 2012 doing a pearlescent white Abarth 500 :thumbs up:

NevMan

Well known member
Would be a pretty boring world if we all drove the same colour cars @jassyo06
I personally love white's - I'm on my 6th white car since I started doing the detailing malarkey seriousley 11 years ago & can't see it being my last tbh
You have to accept mate we are all different
PS Just out of interest I won a national detailing competition in 2012 doing a pearlescent white Abarth 500 :thumbs up:

Fair play Col, the white meister

SPIKE_JCW

Vorsprung durch Technik
@jassyo06 your a cheeky beggar! I now have a foot in the white camp again, and can’t wait to get the car corrected and protected. Cleaning the car a-loan transforms how it looks and that is rewarding enough! You also mention Navarra which is what my next car has been ordered in :hi: