New to this and baffled by the choice!!

One Spoke

Reaction score
Hi

I've got a 2007 Imola Yellow S3 and am looking for some advice on paint protection and the alloys please.

First the paint. I use a lambswool mitt and the two bucket method. I use Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax to clean. I then used Meguiars clay kit, followed by Autoglym super resin polish and topped off with Meguiars NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax. I'm pleased with the results, but was wondering if I could obtain a longer lasting and more durable finish if I used a sealant as well? I was looking at Car-Lack 68 long life sealant - is this any good? And at what stage in the above process would I use a sealant - after polish or after wax? Other recommendations welcome.

Now the alloys. I use Valet Pro Bilberry wheel cleaner (and last time I clayed and waxed them with Meguiars wax as well) but again was wondering if I could get a longer lasting and more durable finish with a sealant? I was looking at Poorboys Wheel Sealant? Is it any good? Any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Head on over to one of the forum sponsors Juicy detailing. Jen is a mistress in the art and has the advice to match.

if you wanted durability collinite 476 is a very good wax, placed on top of your AG SRP, I use it over winter and it is still beading

I use sealant instead of wax during the summer for a more wet look

I also use poorboys wheel sealant, it's very good, money no object it would be gtechniq stuff

Best thing to do is email polishebliss they'll get back to you with the best answer!