New to the forum & Just bought an A3

Nino

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum - this is my first post.

I have just bought a ming blue 2002 1.9 TDI Quattro, which I think is awesome.

I want to get a couple of bits for it, so I have started using the search function, but if you can help..

I'm trying to source:

1. an ipod dock/ipod system;
  2. brushed/anodised/chrome wing mirror/covers
  3. wood interior kit (a good one and more than just the centre console) - I have seen most of you don't like them, I agree the standard wood trim doesn't look great (mine doesn't have any currently)
  4. any other chrome bits and pieces that may make it look a bit more 'up-market'.. I have seen the chrome dial kit which looks quite nice.
Cheers chaps

Nino

All of the above sounds far from "upmarket".

However all of the above can be purchased on eBay. I would suggest a Dension Ice-Link as an iPod dock, they are very good and can be wired through to the cubby hole under the light switch.

Hi guys.

I'm new to the forum - this is my first post.

I have just bought a ming blue 2002 1.9 TDI Quattro, which I think is awesome.

I want to get a couple of bits for it, so I have started using the search function, but if you can help..

I'm trying to source:
  1. an ipod dock/ipod system;
  2. brushed/anodised/chrome wing mirror/covers
  3. wood interior kit (a good one and more than just the centre console) - I have seen most of you don't like them, I agree the standard wood trim doesn't look great (mine doesn't have any currently)
  4. any other chrome bits and pieces that may make it look a bit more 'up-market'.. I have seen the chrome dial kit which looks quite nice.
Cheers chaps

Nino

Hi, welcome to audi-sport.net. Enjoy the forum. :) x

All of the above sounds far from "upmarket".
oh really, why do you say that? Do you have any other suggestions?

However all of the above can be purchased on eBay. I would suggest a Dension Ice-Link as an iPod dock, they are very good and can be wired through to the cubby hole under the light switch.

Ok thanks, will have look

i think unless you full explain where yopur going with the car people will frown, esspecially with wood and chrome!! i could maybe understand if you were into retro golfs and was thinking alone those lines.. i.e crome roof rack, beige respray, brown leather, wood dash and chrome extras although if your just going to bolt half a halfords store of chrome and wood over you car you will find many inc me would frown upon it and prob try to force our opinions upon you.... but hey its your car, do what you want dont expect to much praise of people if you dont go the full hog tho!

Hi and welcome , what interior trim is in the car at the moment? You could try wrapping them or get new ones from Ebay.
Brushed mirror caps etc are available, just be careful where you buy from.
chrome dial kits are available too.
Its your Car so upto you what you do to it.lol

i think unless you full explain where yopur going with the car people will frown, esspecially with wood and chrome!! i could maybe understand if you were into retro golfs and was thinking alone those lines.. i.e crome roof rack, beige respray, brown leather, wood dash and chrome extras although if your just going to bolt half a halfords store of chrome and wood over you car you will find many inc me would frown upon it and prob try to force our opinions upon you.... but hey its your car, do what you want dont expect to much praise of people if you dont go the full hog tho!
Thinking a bit more subtle than that.. but I don't expect any praise - did all that when I had a g40 when I was 17.

Hi and welcome , what interior trim is in the car at the moment? You could try wrapping them or get new ones from Ebay.
Brushed mirror caps etc are available, just be careful where you buy from.
chrome dial kits are available too.
Its your Car so upto you what you do to it.lol
Hi thanks.
If think it has full black leather with the normal black time (I only saw it last week when I bought it - it has been at my dads since for a service).

I don't want the carbon looking trim - done that before, think it looks cool for a sporty image but i'm not interested in the sporty image for my a3 - if I was I would have bought something else. Maybe i'll go down the ally route..

Any idea on the brushed mirror caps? I don't want the ones that stick over the originals.

The S3/RS3`s have them, but alot on Ebay have been stolen. Several people on here have had them stolen too.
The G40 sounds interesting , got any pics of it? Not too many decent ones left now.

The S3/RS3`s have them, but alot on Ebay have been stolen. Several people on here have had them stolen too.
oh really :eek: will be careful then, thanks.

The G40 sounds interesting , got any pics of it? Not too many decent ones left now.
I think there is about 300 left on the road. I will have a look for some pics.
It was a J-reg, alpine white, colour coded big bumbers, tinted windows and had about 81k miles when I sold it 2 years ago. Very quick and a lovely car. 0-60 in just under 7 secs if I remember correctly. It was a great boy racers car lol (big bore exhaust etc). It was fastest car at 6th form back in the day ;)

Beofre the g40 I had a nissan micra, after the g40 it was a mk 2 golf driver, then a corsa 1.5 td, then an A4 estate 1.9 tdi, now the a3 - but currently i'm borrowing my dad's rs4, which is impressing my collegues at work :p