1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New to the C7

Aly Jul 1, 2016

1. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I totally agree which is why I don’t want to worry about writing my car off with no recourse to Audi, not much point in paying the premium of having a new car to negate its warranty

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Audimad

Audimad Registered User

With that reply it sounds to me that you are worrying, lol.

You'll lose warranty too with a tuning box.

4. AndyT306

i'm not worrying, my car's warranty is still intact, what is there to worry about? it's annoying more than anything as i could have it remapped for free!

Jakes2514 likes this.
  5. Audimad

Audimad Registered User

So is mine. :grinning:

6. Aly

Aly Registered User

One thing that's annoyed me for ages was the fine scratches on my speedo, was going to replace the cover it actually used to **** me off that much... So set about trying to sort it! Tried Plastic-X to no avail, so I heard about #QuixxSystem and got to work. Took less than 10 minutes and all done by hand!
    Really happy with the results, not perfect but 100% improvement imho.

Quixx Xerapol Acrylic Scratch Remover (50g polish/1 cloth/2 sandpaper)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

martinivw likes this.
  7. Rhyso

Rhyso Registered User

WTF did the previous owner use to clean the clocks!!!????

Great results from that product though :)

Aly likes this.
  8. Aly

Aly Registered User

Must have been sand paper as it was rougher than a badgers bum!

9. Devilz

Devilz Active Member VCDS Map User

Very impressive results

Aly likes this.
  10. Wifeb4Life

Wifeb4Life Guest

Mine is also like that from the previous owner and so is the piano black trims on the dash and centre console. Thats really good results there will this stuff work on those dash bits too?

11. AndyT306

Neglect like that is why I opted for a new car lol

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Aly

Aly Registered User

I tested a small bit on my door card (Piano Black insert) and it did a great job also! The product itself is quite runny and oily so either mask off the areas or just apply it carefully

14. Wifeb4Life

Wifeb4Life Guest

Thanks Matey will get some when I get back off me hols. Would be nice to get back that shinny cabing look inside it gets outside.

Aly likes this.
  15. SirTT

SirTT Registered User

I've bitten the bullet and ordered some, let's see what happens....

Aly and cata_adc like this.
  16. Wifeb4Life

Wifeb4Life Guest

Well ordered that product now so will see. People are saying it's not very well instructed any instructions advice?

Will be using this on my piano black trims. Cheers

Aly likes this.
  17. SirTT

SirTT Registered User

I'm going to use mine on the trim now, wish me luck...

Aly likes this.
  18. SirTT

SirTT Registered User

Absolutely perfect. Delighted with the result on the piano black and the dash cover. Recommended!

Aly and Wifeb4Life like this.
  19. Wifeb4Life

Wifeb4Life Guest

Sounds like excellent results and exactly what i'll be doing too, plus might try it on the black panel on the external pillar between the front and back frameless door windows as that has scratches too.

Aly likes this.
  20. Aly

Aly Registered User

Use the small white cloth supplied... Apply a pea sized dot of product on the cloth and go straight in working in circular motions or straight lines with a bit of pressure! The product is quite oily so goes a long way... But keep adding if need be! Also the pack I got can with x 2 bits of wet & dry. I never bothered with those!

Wifeb4Life likes this.
  21. Luke Armansin

Luke Armansin Registered User

Loving the car I have the exact same car/engine/colour/wheels the lot. You have given me plenty of inspiration for my A6

Aly likes this.
  22. Audi_guy81

Audi_guy81 Registered User

Love the Black "S-Line" badge... Very nice.. May look to change mine on my Black Addition.

Aly likes this.
  23. Aly

Aly Registered User

Hi everyone, not updated in a while due to work and family commitments but I've made a few changes recently!

A couple of day's ago I set about de-cluttering up the car a bit! Removed several decals and one of the red pinstripes on the rear valance, I also removed the red tyre writing.
    I then fitted a very subtle roof spoiler!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/252801732403

Colour match and fitment were spot on!

I also fitted some Genuine Puddle lights and a new set of Audi Mats as old ones were a little tired.

Anyways I'll let the pics do the talking!

Thanks for looking [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sean Byrne and GavG like this.
  24. Aly

Aly Registered User

Hi all, today I fitted the new Fan jet spray nozzles that are on the facelift model! 5 minutes and £20 very cheap and effective mod...
    Part numbers
    4G0955987A & 4G0955988A

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sean Byrne likes this.
  25. fingermouse

fingermouse thats me

Ive just swapped mine round from being like your video. Had a salty 5 hr drive to Padstow and found the bottom right and top left of the windscreen soon salted back up. Coming home with the jets swapped over the coverage didn`t look as good but they cleaned the screen better.

Aly likes this.
  26. holmefield

holmefield Registered User

i was advised against using any of the maps on +3 on the DTUK boxes as it can cause misfires or limp mode, i tryed map 3 +3 on my A5 177bhp and it ran way to snappy on the accelerator and within 3 days brought up stop/start deactivation errors on my dash, i cleared that with my Carista Doggle but it kept coming back no end.

So i tryed map 3 @ +2 and it never came back!!! but again i found Map 3 way to snappy for a daily driver, i finally settled on map1 +1 after trying about 10 different setups.

I highly rate the DTUK boxes thou i've had them on three cars now, im currently running map 1 +1 on my A7 but im finding it a little sluggish so im going to try map 1 +2 the prob is trying to get a mix of more power without dropping MPG to much, especially since near zero temps and big car and reduced driving speeds ( due to god knows how many folks panicking over driving conditions ) doesnt help much.

I personally mangaed about 3/4mpg max gain when it was fitted to the A5 177bhp that was calculated using the fuelly app over 10 months and different map settings, there a great piece of kit but any MPG gain i just take as a bonus and not to be taken for granted...

Do you know how much the rear indicator upgrade setup was?

Aly likes this.
  27. Aly

Aly Registered User

Sorry only just seen this reply.
    The Semi-Dynamic modules were about £90 a pair from Amazon.

I'm still unfortunately having issues with my DTUK box. I've tried every programme and also had the loom changed to no avail... Not too sure what to do now! Car still goes into limp mode...

28. holmefield

Strange have you had the box reflashed?

I wonder if the boost plug or the fuel plugs on yours are starting to go a bit iffy and dont like the extra power been requested by the DTUK box..

29. Aly

Aly Registered User

No idea to be honest. They said initially when they sent it back that they tested it on another car and it was fine. But they sent me a new loom anyway... A month later the problem persisted and I contacted them. They then stated they changed the box also even though it was evident it was the same box I sent down... They advised me to re-route the loom and to stop using V-Power Diesel. But problem is still there... I've removed box for 2 months and I've had zero issues and no limp mode.. Feel like banging my head against a brick wall

30. holmefield

Yer its a strange one, i only use normal diesel in mine and mines located down behind the passenger headlight..

It could be that the DTUK is causing yours to run to rich possibly causing yours to over fuel so the ECU trys to ****** the fueling level which i think actives the knock sensor causing misfires???

ECO tune are meant to ace with the 245bhp Audis they seem to regularly get between 300/310bhp on remaps...Morebhp are great to they remapped and dpf deleted my 330d m sport Bmw and it was amazing afterwards..

Aly likes this.
  31. Aly

Aly Registered User

Not updated this thread in a while, but I've managed to fit Eibach spacers front and rear. Went with 20mm rear and 10mm front! I'm on standard suspension so quite happy with the way she sits now...
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

jojo and Rhyso like this.
  32. The Black Panther

The Black Panther Adventurer !

Word of warning i have 20mm spacers on the rear and its rubbed the bottom of the arch and over time this has caused the paint to lift on both sides. Smaller spacer and respray for me to cure the issue.

Aly likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Aly

Aly Registered User

Mines isn't rubbing at all! Is yours on standard suspension?

35. The Black Panther

The Black Panther Adventurer !

Yes standard. But car gets some proper attention at times with traction control off and roundabout activity in the dead of night.

Aly likes this.
  36. Aly

Aly Registered User

Haha.. Well it's certainly a car to be enjoyed
    I spoke with a few people Eibach advised 20mm rear and 15mm front. And a gentleman on another forum was running 20mm all round with 275/35/20 tyres! Hopefully I won't have rubbing issues... Although I'm hoping to change my tyres soon as I hate the P-zeros

The Black Panther likes this.
  37. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator

But you are running after market alloys with a different offset?

38. serhat yildiz

serhat yildiz Registered User

Great thread mate lots of inspirations i only have a lowly 177ps se but am looking to make it look a bit meaner as i didnt want the sline suspension wish a holded out for a 3.0 however but this one was just better equipped and in budget anyway might me asking for your help very soon. Keep the pocs coming

Aly likes this.
  39. Aly

Aly Registered User

Not updated in a while as had other commitments. Not done much lately apart from X 4 new tyres (Uniroyal RainSports 3) hated the P-zeros so glad to get rid of them... Also had 4 wheel alignment done on a Hunter system and had new front hubs and bearings fitted! Drives spot on now and the tyres were a much needed improvement..

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  40. Bibbym

Bibbym Coffee for life

Nice!

I also chose the rainsport 3's and love them.

Aly likes this.
  41. DonkeyIce

DonkeyIce Registered User

What would you say the improvements are on the RS3’s over the Pzero’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aly likes this.
  42. Aly

Aly Registered User

For me personally it was wet grip... Let's face it in Scotland that's the majority of the time! P-Zeros are okay in the dry but very little moisture it was unpredictable. And they cost double the amount nearly.
    I know the RS'3 have a very soft compound and will wear pretty quickly but I'd rather have grip...

43. Rhyso

Rhyso Registered User

I’ve had the Rainsports and they outlasted Michelin PS3’s by about 2000 miles.....the Michelins were DOUBLE the price!

I’m on the latest Goodyear F1’s and they seem to be doing well so far. If they don’t outlast the Rainsports I’ll be going back to them. Superb tyre for the money!!

Aly likes this.