New to the B8 world.

jonnydorifto

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm Jon, new to the forum and the B8 world. I had a B5 I bought off a mate for 200 quid and was instantly liking it. Considering the mileage it had done (190k +) it drove and ran really well! With that I was sold on the Audi estates. My girlfriend got a new job so I gave her that one, and I bought myself a B8. I do a lot of driving for work so I knew I needed something that could chew the miles up. I got a black S Line in the end, 2.0ltr TDI.

U9ngK9Dl.jpg

fcSgcZIl.jpg

I have to say it's a far cry from what I normally drive! Chuffed to bits with it. Sound system is awesome, cruise is a God-send on long journeys, and auto wipers (WHHHAAATTT?!).

I've already started looking at sorting bits and changing bits out (which I told myself I wouldn't do!)

On the list:

RS grill + fog inserts

LED everything

Wheels (probably TTRS reps) + spacers depending on offset

Lowering another 15mm (just to reduce arch gap, depends on where it sits on 19s)

De-badge the rear

oem bluetooth

tow bar

I've already sorted a boot liner as well as a roof rack, and done an R8 oil cap/washer bottle cap swap too.

s4gyHr7l.jpg

After browsing the forum for a good while it seems like the best place to be to find out about the car and what I can do to it, so I'll be on here often!

Thanks for reading!

Jon

Reactions: TahirS, Garry Houseman, t8ups and 1 other person
Hi guys. I'm Jon, new to the forum and the B8 world. I had a B5 I bought off a mate for 200 quid and was instantly liking it. Considering the mileage it had done (190k +) it drove and ran really well! With that I was sold on the Audi estates. My girlfriend got a new job so I gave her that one, and I bought myself a B8. I do a lot of driving for work so I knew I needed something that could chew the miles up. I got a black S Line in the end, 2.0ltr TDI.

U9ngK9Dl.jpg

fcSgcZIl.jpg

I have to say it's a far cry from what I normally drive! Chuffed to bits with it. Sound system is awesome, cruise is a God-send on long journeys, and auto wipers (WHHHAAATTT?!).

I've already started looking at sorting bits and changing bits out (which I told myself I wouldn't do!)

On the list:

RS grill + fog inserts

LED everything

Wheels (probably TTRS reps) + spacers depending on offset

Lowering another 15mm (just to reduce arch gap, depends on where it sits on 19s)

De-badge the rear

oem bluetooth

tow bar

I've already sorted a boot liner as well as a roof rack, and done an R8 oil cap/washer bottle cap swap too.

s4gyHr7l.jpg

After browsing the forum for a good while it seems like the best place to be to find out about the car and what I can do to it, so I'll be on here often!

Thanks for reading!

Jon
Welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy it here.

For LEDS, contact @t8ups. For the OEM Bluetooth, contact @NHN, for lowering springs contact @DPM.

They're all forum sponsors, and they'll see you right. :)

Reactions: Sandra, GeoffDunk and t8ups
Thanks for that JD, I'll give them all a shout. The guides are good so will be making use of them too.

Welcome to Audi-sport.net. Lovely car. Glad you enjoying it and the forum :) x

:rockwoot:welcome to the B8 Forum and black avants are the best :rockwoot:

Reactions: TahirS
Cheers for the comments guys. I've sorted the LEDs thanks JP! They work really well, easy to fit. Considering the "Newness" of the car I expected things to be more complicated but nope!

RS grill turned up today. All the way from Poland! It came with the parking sensor mounts which is good. Looks really sturdy, hopefully it'll fit ok. Im going to try some yellow tint film on the fog lights and see what it looks like, when Ive got the bumper off.

Reactions: jdp1962
Not sure yellow tint is legal n the uk

On the Gov legislation website, it states colour as white or yellow. Now, it doesnt state what source the yellow light comes from (bulb or glass) but either way im not changing the beam pattern or the alignment.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1989/1796/schedule/6/made#text=fog

Also, its easy enough to remove and I may not even like it. If I don't try I'll never know.

I'll check the UNECE regs on lamps tomorrow, but it seems theyre ok. I never use the fogs anyway. Im not "that guy that drives around with fogs on all day". I hate that.