1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SQ5 New to the Audi scene!

dansage Mar 16, 2018

1. dansage

dansage New Member

Hi All!

Have just defected from Jaguar and collected my new sq5 today and have to say am massively impressed!

I only decided to change a week ago and got a good deal on a dealer stock car

Really struggling with MMI and menus etc and figure the Audi connect and SIM card slot out etc!?!?

I’m sure I’ll get there!

Look forward to you all helping me!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

q5man and paul wev like this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. mxnrg

mxnrg Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

Hey @dansage, congratulations on the new SQ5. I’m a few months behind you as I have a factory order on the way. What issues are you having with MMI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

4. dansage

dansage New Member

Hi

I’m sure you’ll be over the moon with it. They’re awesome.

Re the MMI - I didn’t realise you couldn’t use the Audi inbuilt sim for the Audi connect stuff, and a separate pay monthly sim for WiFi hotspot. If you put your own sim in for WiFi hotspot all the Audi connect and data etc goes off your own card

5. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Welcome mate.

6. dansage

dansage New Member

Thanks

7. THQuattro

THQuattro Site Sponsor Site Sponsor Team Avus Silver Team V8 Team V6 VCDS Map User Gold Supporter Team Panther Team Silver Audi RS4 saloon Audi S4 Audi A4 quattro Audi Cabriolet Owner Group S-line owners group Manual

Any pics mate.

8. dansage

dansage New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

q5man, Pinky1959 and THQuattro like this.
  9. THQuattro

Very nice mate.

10. mxnrg

mxnrg Active Member Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 SQ5 owners group MQB Platform

Looking good in Daytona. I haven’t decided if the Audi rings on the puddle lights are cool or a bit OTT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

q5man likes this.
  11. dansage

dansage New Member

I like em

q5man likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. q5man

q5man Mythos Appreciator Team Mythos Gold Supporter quattro Audi Q5

Not something I would have spec’d but following a minor issue with my handover the other week, my dealer offered to fit the Audi rings. I always thought they were OTT, but do like them. I have the originals so could easily switch back [​IMG]

14. q5man

LOVE Daytona!

15. dansage

dansage New Member

I didn’t ask for them. The dealer fitted them for free and gave me the originals as well

16. q5man

Neither did I, but as they offered them, why not.

17. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee Active Member

Isn’t Audi Beam standard in the SQ5..think is pretty cool myself..

Great looking colour..

18. mxnrg

I think it's a dealer fit standard part for UK cars rather than factory fit...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

19. Geordie Lee

Geordie Lee Active Member

Thanks,

Do you know if you can get these for the rear doors as well.i.e does the rear door have the down facing light which can be replaced). I understand (per Audi Configurator) is only x2 which is the front doors only..

20. mxnrg

From the configurator this is the part number for the Audi beam with the rings:

Z4G0052133G

I can't find the post but I believe these have been retro-fit to cars with rear puddle LEDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

21. HMG1K

HMG1K Member

Congratulations ! What Jaguar did you leave and why? I'm waiting on an A5 Sportback S-Line - jumping out of a 2014 XF R-Sport. Seriously considered a new XF but the poor build quality, cheap plastic and for what I get as standard on an A5 Sportback S-Line would cost £8k in extras on a new XF, the math was clear!

22. dansage

dansage New Member

I left a 65 plate xfs 3.0 supercharged. Main reason was I was nearing the end of my deal and the dealer couldn’t put a decent deal together on a new over priced jag as you’ve mentioned. Now I’ve had the sq5 for a couple of weeks I can say the build quality blows the jag into the weeds. Ok I’d say the performance of the jag was better, but then it was lighter and had 375bhp vs the 345 on the Audi. My new dealer though had been great and looking forward to years of great service. Hopefully. Good luck on your new baby!

23. Simonb1975

Simonb1975 Guest

Flipping heck, almost choked, Audi are tighter than a nats **** with spec, didn't think anyone was worse !!!

q5man likes this.
  24. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi Q5 Audi TT

Excellent choice and looks great. Enjoy!

Plus welcome to the brand and the club!

Sandra likes this.