New to the A6 section of the forum

rawtor51

Reaction score
Website
www.eastsidevw.co.uk
Hi guys,
Ross from Aberdeen, I have just upgraded to the A6 section after chopping in my A4 avant a couple of weeks ago.

Seen this at my local dealer and really liked it, newer than the A4, a lot less miles and Sline so that ticked some boxes for me.

then I got rid of the orange indicator bulbs

Then I gavee my lower bumper some treatment

Here's the A4 I traded

Anyway , hope you guys like it, sure I will be popping in here a lot more now

Last edited:
Reactions: gupsterg and Sandra
Welcome! Car looks very fresh... What variant did you go for?

Reactions: rawtor51
Thanks guys,
It's a 2.0TDI, Still relatively low miles with only 53k,
I'm still trying to decide what's going to be on my list of mods.

Reactions: Aly
Fwd, 1.9 TDI Sport, 6 speed box, Full history new MOT 6 months tax, New clutch flywheel and slave cylinder, 94k, Tiny bit of bubbling just starting to appear on the front wings, otherwise very good condition.

Prices vary so much its hard to say, depends on the spec and condition really.

Reactions: Funkyfin2000
yeah, will be pretty much mint inside bar bubbling on the alcantra seats and lid on arm rest catch knackered, otherwise interior and mats mint.

tiny fleck of rush on boot lid and some usual marks on paint for 10yr old but nothing serious....TONS of receipts and history :) Hoping for £4k...

Aye the usual bits then,
Just plug away, sell it privately, only bit is the mileage ,
probably looking about £3300 - £3600 private
£2800 - £3000 trade in

Reactions: Funkyfin2000
Welcome to the A6 section Ross. Very nice upgrade. :) x

Nice :o.k:

I think once you've had a 6 you'll never go back to a 4!

My C5 was bought spur of the moment when the 4 died, I'll run it a while yet, but can see it being replaced with a C6 in due course.

I look forward to seeing how your's develops.

Hiya James, Been a while.
I love this thing, dont get me wrong I loved the A4 too when I got it but it was just time for a change.
Currently not planning an awful lot but you know me and how things change.

Not a very exciting update again.
But I'm hoping all the small things help it take shape, anyway subtle tint added to the clear part of the rear lenses.

Well I think this is going in a similar direction as the A4 wagon did, I cant help myself, I really do hate chrome that much.
So with that, this is the latest addition, and now that it has started there will have to be more.

It's not my intention to imitate an S6 so the badge will be getting dealt with when I decide what to do about it.

Reactions: gupsterg and quattrojames
looking good, I was thinking about a new grill myself, but I like the chrome/ silver edge to it, but something like yours everywhere else,
dun the wheels, dun the rear 3 piece spoiler/lip, so the grill might-just might be next on the cards.

looking good fella.

Posties been again, little upgrade was on the cards for a while now and have looked at loads and loads of different styles, very nearly bought a new set of OEMS 111's staggered fitment in 19" but tbh, I've had a few sets of the Black edition RS4's on various Audi's and I always like the outcome so struggle to see past them, I still think they are one of the nicest wheels around although an older design now.
Just the one pic for now but all being well I should have them fitted by the end of the weekend, just waiting on the tyres to arrive now.

Last edited:
Reactions: gupsterg
Did you buy the grill from Audi or is it an aftermarket unit?

Its aftermarket but the fit is 100%, I was concerned that the cheap ones may not fit right so spent a bit more and got one straight from Germany.
It's gotta be the most expensive bit of plastic I have ever bought

what was the damage, and where did you get it from?

My buddy had a play around on Vagcom yesterday, finally got my parking radar screen enabled when reverse is selected.
Rather pleased with it.

Thanks gupsteg, will need to have a look into that.

Its been a long time coming from when I started looking until now but finally they are on, as usual I'm over the moon, I knew these would work after having the 18" version on the A4.

Still a little of the 4x4 mode going on as its just down off the jacks but it will settle back down soon enough

I may go with a 5mm spacer on the rear to end up with an ET 37 but that will have to wait for the moment.

Looking at your new set of photos, I really do :wub: that grill. The chrome/sliver lines against black look so good!

The whole set of mods look good, black tints do look super on a silver car.

IMO your car is :hubbahubba:.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a set of OEM Allroad door blades today.
****** expensive but ordered from Germany so a little cheaper than the stealers.
Look like this.

Here's what they look like fitted

Thought I would try some of this Magic Sponge malarkey after a mate recommending them cause I was complaining about the stitching on the wheel being a bit dirty, read a few bits & bobs about them on my local car forum too, so I bought some off ebay, being honest I'm pleasantly surprised with the results.

No more shiny wheel either

Reactions: B5NUT
Have you got a link to the Sponge the results look good.