New to the A5 gang

S3GURI

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2016 Audi A5 2.0 TDI Quattro Sportback (had it one week) and I must say, it's a step up from a 1.4 TSI Golf Match Edition..

I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered, but bare with me along, I have been trawlling forums and social media groups to answer questions but they tend to be for S5's / RS5's - hopefully an easy modification I can do myself

1. I am used to buying fuel at say Tesco's, I've never owned a diesel before, my mileage seems to fluctuate between 6k miles a year and 15k. Would it be best going to BP/Shell to buy the diesel than at supermarkets? When I had my Golf I didn't really care, I was looking at the cheapest option, however looking at these garages, there is not much in it for the cost of diesel.
2. I need to buy some Adblue would you guys recommend
3. The use of using additves like Reddex fuel cleaner / DPF cleaner?

Mods:
1. Annoying that they supply halogen bulbs on interior and the front fog lights, can they be changed to match the DRL? Not necessarily LED's required but perhaps a different lamp colour.

Apologises for the questions, they are undoubtedly easy questions but for someone that is not a car enthusiast I hope I can benefit from this forum.

Reactions: EXSpartan36, daytonamart and V6_Man
I don't have the new shape A5 but all bulbs can be changed. Can grab bulbs on eBay for fogs and interior and quite cheap too. Done this on my A5

Hey guys,

I recently bought a 2016 Audi A5 2.0 TDI Quattro Sportback (had it one week) and I must say, it's a step up from a 1.4 TSI Golf Match Edition..

I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered, but bare with me along, I have been trawlling forums and social media groups to answer questions but they tend to be for S5's / RS5's - hopefully an easy modification I can do myself

1. I am used to buying fuel at say Tesco's, I've never owned a diesel before, my mileage seems to fluctuate between 6k miles a year and 15k. Would it be best going to BP/Shell to buy the diesel than at supermarkets? When I had my Golf I didn't really care, I was looking at the cheapest option, however looking at these garages, there is not much in it for the cost of diesel.

Congrats on the purchase buddy. Do share the pics of your new motor

Oh, that fuel debate has divided opinions on forums for some time now and there are quite a few threads on it here on the forum as well. On my last diesel I used Tesco, BP and Shell. And tbh, I could rarely tell the difference in mpg and/or performance.

As long as you are not using Morrison's fuel I believe you'll be fine

2. I need to buy some Adblue would you guys recommend
3. The use of using additves like Reddex fuel cleaner / DPF cleaner?

Don't have an Adblue car so, not sure which one to recommend.

I was told to avoid fuel cleaners like a plague

Mods:
1. Annoying that they supply halogen bulbs on interior and the front fog lights, can they be changed to match the DRL? Not necessarily LED's required but perhaps a different lamp colour.

Apologises for the questions, they are undoubtedly easy questions but for someone that is not a car enthusiast I hope I can benefit from this forum.

For bulbs/LEDs, I'd simply get in touch with @t8ups here on the forum. If he doesn't have an answer to your queries I don't think anyone else will

Thanks guys,

I appreciate your response. I will get some pictures over the course of the week. I am incredibly happy. I had an S3 before (hence the name) but I would say the A5 deffo feels like a premium car. Very smart looking too!

Reactions: V6_Man
Hey again guys.

So i've developed this squeaking noise coming from the rear passenger brakes. Has anybody experienced break squealing, and is there a temp fix? Car is booked in with Audi on the 18th November, hoping they'll do something cause only had the car a week.

It doesn't happen all the time, just periodically.

Hey again guys.

So i've developed this squeaking noise coming from the rear passenger brakes. Has anybody experienced break squealing, and is there a temp fix? Car is booked in with Audi on the 18th November, hoping they'll do something cause only had the car a week.

It doesn't happen all the time, just periodically.

When does it happen, i. e. when you apply the brakes or is there all the time and whether or not it goes away when you apply the brakes. Oh, and is it high frequency or low. . There can be many or perhaps a few reason for that, e.g. pad sensor or the pad itself etc.

Reactions: S3GURI
It happens when I am doing constant speed for around 20 seconds. Then start to brake and gradually apply pressure. It wouldn't make a noise again if I was to take foot off the break and then reapply. I would say it is fairly high frequency. I am not sure if its something to do with the wet weather?

Not sure if it's worth calling out the road side assistance to see if they can put some kind of stuff on it or take a look. I am not good with diagnosing or fixing cars so unaware of I can do.

Had the AA out tonight, absolutely gutted because it didn't squeal once. So after my dinner. Went on a 40 mile road trip, and only noise that happened is when I pulled up from the drive!!! super annoying!

He reckons its dirt cause it doesn't happen all the time. I shall give it a good clean over the weekend me thinks.

Had the AA out tonight, absolutely gutted because it didn't squeal once. So after my dinner. Went on a 40 mile road trip, and only noise that happened is when I pulled up from the drive!!! super annoying!

He reckons its dirt cause it doesn't happen all the time. I shall give it a good clean over the weekend me thinks.

Get the pads looked at as it sounds they are nearing end-of-life. I had the break squeal on my S4, not just me but many S4/5 owners here on the forum also reported. That used to happen only when cold and would disappear after warmed up. It might be the same on your A5 as well. I'd book it with Audi and ask them to look at it under warranty

Get the pads looked at as it sounds they are nearing end-of-life. I had the break squeal on my S4, not just me but many S4/5 owners here on the forum also reported. That used to happen only when cold and would disappear after warmed up. It might be the same on your A5 as well. I'd book it with Audi and ask them to look at it under warranty

Could be. The AA bloke looked at the pads and the discs, and said they are about 40% worn. He couldn't see any issues with it when we were out on a road test. I shall wait for the 18th November to come so Audi can rectify.

I appreciate your support, thank you.

Reactions: V6_Man
Hi all

I'm also new to the A5 club. I took delivery of the A5 2.0 TFSI 40 Sline earlier this week. I like the car, although I'm a little disapointed in the lack of tech info on display/available. I've moved from the VW Arteon and the kit doesn't feel the same. DAB radio text not on the main screen, no speed warning from road signs, no auto dimming wing mirror. Is there any way of retro fitting one of these or sorting the other things out. I've read on some of the other threads about the OBD11, would that fix it?

Cheers in advance.

Daniel

Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my new A5 Coupe 2.0 35 TFSI yesterday.
So far i really like it but there is one thing that annoys me a bit.

The fuel economy is a lot worse than I expected it to be. Audi claims it should do around 37mpg urban and 47 combined. I know it’s usually lower in real life but i have been getting 15-17mpg the max was 21 and i’m not pushing it at all for the first few weeks until i get used to the car.

Some people say online that the car eats more in the first 1000 miles while the engine breaks in but some say they haven’t experienced a difference after this period.

Has anyone got a 2 litre 35 TFSI that can tell me what they are getting and if they are experienced any difference in MPG after a thousand miles or so.

thanks in advance!

Hi Everyone!

Just picked up my new A5 Coupe 2.0 35 TFSI yesterday.
So far i really like it but there is one thing that annoys me a bit.

The fuel economy is a lot worse than I expected it to be. Audi claims it should do around 37mpg urban and 47 combined. I know it’s usually lower in real life but i have been getting 15-17mpg the max was 21 and i’m not pushing it at all for the first few weeks until i get used to the car.

Some people say online that the car eats more in the first 1000 miles while the engine breaks in but some say they haven’t experienced a difference after this period.

Has anyone got a 2 litre 35 TFSI that can tell me what they are getting and if they are experienced any difference in MPG after a thousand miles or so.

thanks in advance!
Hi

I've got the 5 door 2ltre 40 TFSI and I've done about 350 miles so far, current average MPG for me is 35.5 which includes a mix of town and motorway mileage. I believe as the engine beds in, the MPG does improve. I saw it on my last car the VW Arteon, basically the same engine, on a long run back from the middle of France I even averaged 50mpg doing about 75mph.