1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to the A4 and this group

Joewhyte97 Jun 12, 2018

1. Joewhyte97

Joewhyte97 Member

Hello guys, im new to this group and to a A4, ive got the 1.9 pd130 6speed, i just love it, its really comfy and great on fuel. Is there any thing i should look out for or anything anyone recommends doing? Thanks

Heres her

[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselJake likes this.
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Welcome to the forum! :icon thumright:

Good base, reminds me of mine when I first got it (wish mine came with 6 speed though! Jealous of that). For the 1.9tdi my first port of call would be an EGR delete, turbo back exhaust and map to make the most out of what you've got and improve reliability. Lowering it and changing the wheels will do allot for aesthetics and handling too.

Fortunately I haven't got a build thread else you would be skint following the mods I've done haha may put one up at some point though as mines pretty much got/had everything.

Joewhyte97 likes this.
  4. WesT-gefül

WesT-gefül Active Member Bronze Supporter

If you don’t know the service history, my first port of call would be a full service. Change the brake fluid also. Take a look at your disks on the car. If they are lipped really bad replace all round and install a set of new disks and pads from EBC. Stick on a set of Greenstuff pads and OEM style disks. https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/audi/a4-b6/1.9-TD-2001-2004/734 Next move on to a decent set of tyres if needed. Tyres can be a really good upgrade, one most people overlook. This will make the car much better to drive, especially the brakes. Then move on to other things.

Joewhyte97 likes this.
  5. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Off the top of my head other than the EGR killing everything: engine mounts and boost pipes (especially the top one) are common to go.

If your anywhere near Birmingham I have vag-com to check for any undiagnosed problems (plus I might be able to spot a few by look/feel as well).

Joewhyte97 and WesT-gefül like this.
  6. Joewhyte97

Joewhyte97 Member

Sorry guys i forgot about this post

Not done much to it as ive been away on holiday and busy with work, but what i have done is replaced the front bumper got it serviced and got it mapped to 165bhp with egr delete.
    What a difference the car is to drive.

Also got a rear lover valence with twin cut outs and a set of back boxes from a 1.8t to stick on at some point. Its also got its mot next week to so its been checked over and only needed 2 top suspension arms, the exhaust welded back on to a bracket and 2 numberplate lights, hope it passes haha

7. Seanchadwick2k3

Seanchadwick2k3 Audi A6 C6 2.0tdi 2011 Sline Special Edition Audi A6 S-line owners group Le Mans Edition

Ditch the boxes mate straight pipe it