New to the 8P in need of a push in the right direction please :)

Ricky Burrows

Reaction score
Evening all,
Im picking up a 2010 sportback (Sport trim) tomorrow for the mrs birthday present, question, will the car be ok if i lower it 40mm all round and have a wheel set up of 18x7.5j with et44 front and et41 rear with 225/40/18's? Will this give the car a nice flush look with no rubbing or is there a better set up anyone suggests? She will be having the kids in it constantly so it cant be stupid low but at the same time this family despises stock cars so she cant roll around on the stock "sport trim" set up any longer than needed lol help please :)

P.S ive scanned the rims and suspension stickys and i just cant find a concrete answer on the best set up some say et45 all round others have close to et40...

Thanks
Ricky.

40mm should be fine. I think H&R springs take the car down 30mm.
As for staggered size alloys don’t bother. If you’re going aftermarket rims then ET45 is perfect to fill the guards (18x8, 18x7.5). Any less than ET45 you’ll start getting guard rub issues - especially when loaded up.

Reactions: bronco and Ricky Burrows
40mm should be fine. I think H&R springs take the car down 30mm.
As for staggered size alloys don’t bother. If you’re going aftermarket rims then ET45 is perfect to fill the guards (18x8, 18x7.5). Any less than ET45 you’ll start getting guard rub issues - especially when loaded up.
Appreciate the reply, there only stock s line wheels with 7.5j front and rear so not staggered, it just looked like the rears sit in more than the fronts from factory from the threads i seen here anyway, so i wasn't sure to go with 12mm spacers all round so offset will be et44 or 15mm rears off set would be 41mm (rear), if you suggest et45 all round ill stick with the 12mm spacers so et44 on all corners. Thank you

I had 12mm spacers before changing my alloys - They are a bit too wide too.
The most common mix is spacers is 8mm front and 10mm rear. Or it could be the other way round…

Appreciate the reply, there only stock s line wheels with 7.5j front and rear so not staggered, it just looked like the rears sit in more than the fronts from factory from the threads i seen here anyway, so i wasn't sure to go with 12mm spacers all round so offset will be et44 or 15mm rears off set would be 41mm (rear), if you suggest et45 all round ill stick with the 12mm spacers so et44 on all corners. Thank you
Stick with 18x7.5 or 8j and et 44 it will look fine
Example
9e9d5d24daadeccd4efb5af44fe05b63.jpg
2f0d9ecca7f847a94515b5efd4e7d2d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ricky Burrows