New to photography

T3nnant

Reaction score
Following a recent post of mine which included a few great pics of my car, I decided I wanted to get into photography.
I bought myself a Canon 600D with a 15-55m lens kit.

Last night was a lovely night and I decided to get myself down Newcastle quayside for some photo's.

Im still learning so don't judge! haha

I took quite a few, and I was messing about with different exposures, iso's and whatnot
This has to be my pride and joy of the night, I love it!

No photoshop either (1# I don't have it 2# im useless with things like that)

a couple more which are ok I guess. Nothing special as I didn't use any flashes, purely just a raw photo.

The last one is also pretty good I think.
The rest are give or take, I probs could have done better with a phone camera to be honest.

Any criticism, advice and comments are welcome :)

Reactions: Ghost
I prefer the first one. The bridge with the 3 lamp post helps lead the eye into the photo.

Sorry second does nothing for me, but that's just me. If you like it that's all that matters ;-)

Third is well exposed but you have a lamp post growing out of the mirror and the roof ;-)

The last 2 are great but just need some room at the front of the car, it's just a bit tight in the frame.

All are well exposed and sharp. Photography is about getting out there and taking photos.

Reactions: T3nnant
To be honest mate, the one with the bridge was my first photo haha, I did have a couple attempts at it but im really proud of that for my first proper attempt.

I don't have a clue why the one of the sage is one this post... I cant even remember uploading it to be honest.
As for the car photo's the last one is my fav, as you say just a shame its not more central.

agreed with the getting out there, I took multiple shots of things while changing settings and until you review them on computer you don't realise how much difference some small changes make!

When I first started I took a note book and made notes of the settings, now with digital cameras the data is stores with the photo. The best thing with digital is the film its free ( once you buy the memory stick) find a subject you are interested in and take lots of photos.
Join a local club or a forum. And remember it's not the camera that takes the photo, it's the person behind it that does ;-)

Reactions: T3nnant
When I first started I took a note book and made notes of the settings, now with digital cameras the data is stores with the photo. The best thing with digital is the film its free ( once you buy the memory stick) find a subject you are interested in and take lots of photos.
Join a local club or a forum. And remember it's not the camera that takes the photo, it's the person behind it that does ;-)

Very good idea to be honest!

Well iv watched a few videos on settings and stuff, and they say the hardest thing to master is the balance between all settings.
Today iv just found out that a quicker shutter time is needed on brighter subjects, to much time and the picture is to bright!

Its a hobby that you can never master as everything changes as new software, cameras and filters come out.
its a cool thing to experiment with and the possibilities are endless!

I will have a look for a group! it would be nice to have a helping hand with a few things.

:) cheers