New (to me) S3 owner

Collected car following the mass servicing regime.

Was commented that the cambelt & water pump looked ready to be changed, so my theory of mileage being more important than time clearly not right.. good timing seemingly.

Cam follower that came out wasn’t too bad but as I didn’t have history of it being done I believe still a worthwhile job for the money.

DV upgraded from Rev C to Rev G.

Every fluid on the car changed and thermostat changed, engine now running sweet as a nut and running at a perfect 90 degrees.

Few tired bushes spotted which added to my next visits shopping list, all parts now ordered as follows for next line up of jobs in a few weeks:

-superpro ALK
-powerflex rear lower arm inner bushes
-H&R arb kit
-lemforder ball joints
-lemforder front & rear drop links.
-4 wheel alignment.

Holding off on the springs for now, garage commented shocks and springs were in excellent condition so I’m going to see how it goes with phase 1 of suspension mods.

Someone did query in another thread about pre-cat delete and I said I’d give a review.. well I can’t remembrr what thread that was now but here goes:

Easy, very cheap mod that makes absolutely no notable difference at low rev slow speed driving, delivers a pleasing little exhaust burble at idle only audible when stood behind the car. And most importantly the car revs a little more freely and delivers a very decent more throaty tone higher up the Rev range. Considering the garage charged me next to nothing to do it I can’t fault it, highly recommended. May still get a decat pipe at some point, but for now precat has done the trick

Reactions: ninjakid
Bit of a boring non-picture update unfortunately.. got 2 goodyear eagle F1 Assymmetric 5's fitted on the front last friday, so far so good.. very good value offer on blackcircles so went for it. Now have my 50% worn f1 eagle A3's on the back with a backup spare pair stashed away when needed.

Other little mods, new yellow handled dipstick, the original orange one was on the verge of disintegrating. And fitted a £10 ebay special 8V rear wiper, in my opinion not great quality, will do for now but will probably get a metzger (OE manufacturer) item ready for winter (although plenty of rain at the moment!)

I've also got a "push clutch to start" bypass harness ready to fit, impressed with the product quality, very professionally put together.

More exciting news is I've got H&R ARB's, Superpro ALK & dog bone insert, Powerflex RTA bushes and Lemforder OEM ball joints, front/rear droplinks all sat patiently waiting to be fitted a week thursday followed by a full 4 wheel alignment. Very excited to see the difference that little lot makes..

Just so happens me and the mrs are then away for the weekend which co-incidentally could involve some very nice driving roads along the way