New to me B7 3.0tdi…

Yeh bought two new lenses.
Little tip for you. When you take apart the lights to swap the lens you have a few options . To get to the orange bulbs you may be lucky and manage to swap the orange section out. Most of them are a pig and you end up having to break it out. But then you can swap the bulb and happy days. You can also remove the grey plastic cowling that is under the chrome section and spray paint it. I did and it makes for a cleaner look. Also the chrome section that fits into the lens itself can be removed and spray painted. I did mine a satin black. Tip here. The screws that you remove for the chrome insert are ever so slightly too small for the replacement lens so I ended up finding some other ones. Or you can just carefully drill out the locating lugs ever so slightly with a metal drill bit. Be carefull they are tiny as hell. Then after that , a healthy dose of tiger seal or other butal sealant and a bit of heat and the clips and you are good to go.

Little tip for you. When you take apart the lights to swap the lens you have a few options . To get to the orange bulbs you may be lucky and manage to swap the orange section out. Most of them are a pig and you end up having to break it out. But then you can swap the bulb and happy days. You can also remove the grey plastic cowling that is under the chrome section and spray paint it. I did and it makes for a cleaner look. Also the chrome section that fits into the lens itself can be removed and spray painted. I did mine a satin black. Tip here. The screws that you remove for the chrome insert are ever so slightly too small for the replacement lens so I ended up finding some other ones. Or you can just carefully drill out the locating lugs ever so slightly with a metal drill bit. Be carefull they are tiny as hell. Then after that , a healthy dose of tiger seal or other butal sealant and a bit of heat and the clips and you are good to go.
I’ve done them already!!!:laughing: And i took the orange lenses off, fiddly but doable. Theres orange bulbs in there atm giving it the orange look still as the first chrome ones i got were terrible, almost lemon colour, so had to go with orange bulbs for the time being.

I’ve done them already!!!:laughing: And i took the orange lenses off, fiddly but doable. Theres orange bulbs in there atm giving it the orange look still as the first chrome ones i got were terrible, almost lemon colour, so had to go with orange bulbs for the time being.
My bad thought you said you had new lens ready
The Phillips osram silverec are the best I find

Reactions: Gmac
Got the honeycomb fog light surround’s delivered yesterday. Very impressed with them, great fit and finish. What more do you need! They look really good on. A bit like the red bit behind the main grill, i think I’ll paint the red area behind the fog grill, it’s usually hidden by the more solid design of the originals. Getting there.
IMG 3105
IMG 3106