1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New to me (2017 A4) - Questions - Help Appreciated

Kuyper Feb 10, 2020

1. Kuyper

Kuyper New Member

Greetings! I’ve gone back to an Audi after many years (last one was 2008-2010). I love my new-to-me 2017 A4 Premium Plus (cobalt blue, nougat brown interior). I’m also so glad to find this forum. I’ve already read several helpful posts!

I could use a little help, though, with some of the tech features. Please forgive if I’m posting this in the wrong place!

There’s a feature known as MMI, and I’m wondering how to fully configure it. The prior owner’s info appears to still be stored. The screen prompts in the car suggest I should visit the dealership to get it reset.

I have an iPhone X, and the apple car play works great when I have the phone plugged in with a hard wire connection. I’ve paired the phone with the BlueTooth for calls.
    • Wondering if there’s more where the rest of Apple Play is concerned.
    • For example, is there a way for it to connect without having to plug it in?

I downloaded the MyAudi App, but it says verification isn’t complete. (I bought the car from a dealer, but it wasn’t an Audi dealer.)
    • The iPhone app says “verification is not yet complete. To make full use of the connect services, please contact your dealer or start the verification again.” Any thoughts?
    • Do I need a dealer to reset this feature?
    • What does it do?
    • Does it allow the car to connect to the app?
    Also, it’s not obvious to me how to get the google earth view on the Nav screen.
    • Perhaps that not a feature, but though it was.
    • Appreciate any suggestions for how to get that feature to work?
    On the satellite radio:
    • Is there an easy way to delete all of the prior owner’s presets?
    • The current process seems a bit tedious.
    Finally, there’s only one key. New keys look pretty expensive.
    • Any suggestions for the most cost effective way to get another key?
    I love this car, but just want to activate all the techie bells and whistles! This seems like a great group for help!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Welcome to Audi-sport.net Brian. I see you have found the A4 B9 section. I’m sure you will get some help and advice from the guys and girls.

Kuyper likes this.