New to forum, looking to start modding, open to suggestions :)

Cauz88

Reaction score
Firstly, Happy new year! :)

I purchased a 3 Door 2005 Audi 1.6 back in June, first Audi (I had a Mk5 Golf TDI before this) much prefer the Audi builds, looks and drive!

I told myself to get used to the car for 6months, now the new year is here, i'm looking to get to work on her :) I want to go for a S3 look but "smoked" out, luckily a new front end was already fitted to car when i brought it. Due to my age and insurance, i want to keep the mods to looks for now rather than remaps etc.

Things i have in mind;
18" RS4 Alloys
Sline Side Skirts
Sline Read bumper with diffuser
Sline Leather interior (including steering wheels, pedals and gear stick)<br>
Maybe light tints

Open to suggestions on all ideas though, I do want to get some new lights ASAP!

FYI I'm in Birmingham :)

Pics;

photo2oy.jpg

phototz.jpg

photo4hfw.jpg

photo3lf.jpg

photo1jpq.jpg

You'll have no problem finding people to help you spend your money here. I reckon a black optics grill, my11 rear lights, coil overs and a wheel of your choice and it'll look sweet. Then you can add your own individual mods to stand out from the crowd.

Yeah I heard i better watch my wallet haha. In terms of the grill, whats the amount of work involved? Does the front end need to be removed?

Just had a look and I definitely like the MY11 rear lights so they are a definite.

Agreed, I think my mind is set on 18" RS4 twin spoke alloys, but I've also been looking at;

18" AUDI A3 2003-2011 A4 1995-2011 100 90-94 ALLROAD 09-11 ALLOY WHEELS 5x112 | eBaylonde moment, but coilovers are for lowering yeah? and spacers?:whistle2:

I've still got the split grill mysel. I think the 8p2 black optics is a straight swap for yours. You will need to take the bumper off but its no big deal, just a few screws if you're brave enough. Someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong. You should search a few threads, there's some amazing cars on here.

recently sold sline rear bumper in lava grey with valance.
as for conversion good idear i presume you are gonna tell your insurance ?

also what is your car ? se/ sport

To be honest this forum is where ive made the "vision" of how i want my baby to look. There are a TON of useful threads, so this one isnt really asking for the technical side of things, just more so opinions, so cheers for your replies so far :)

i sold mine for £100

i didnt tell my insuranec company but i had a plan. i.e sline bumpers with no badges, newer style 17"'s so on the face of it mr insurance man views the car it looks standard to the untrained eye. so interior i would go for half leather ( like sline) but not with the embossed sline badge.

the reson i say this is my mate gav smashed his bm up and he fitted AC splitters the insurance dint mention that buy would not pay out due to the Ac stickers all over it and on the grille. plus he had an m3 badge on it

ohhh ok thanks for the heads up! My insurance is steep at the moment as it is :(

OEM alloys ftw:thumbsup:

Bumper will need removing to fit a new grill. Personally I would keep the chrome surround on a black car...looks good so far!

OEM alloys ftw:thumbsup:

Bumper will need removing to fit a new grill. Personally I would keep the chrome surround on a black car...looks good so far!
+1

either keep the grille and put a diff badge on or sell you grill and got some spondooies, or get an aftermarket honeycomb one

the sline bumper is a must my old car
100_1311.jpg

with sline
mediaCAKOPWDS.jpg

2008+ oem wheels
mediawh.jpg

subtle is the way farward

Thanks for all the input guys, much appreciated, im starting to compile a more detailed list now. The $$ is there waiting to be spent but im not in any rush!

Just for the record the car is dark grey not black, although everyone thinks it is black (even in person)

I thought it was black at first look too! I'd keep the chrome trim on the grill then, but I reckon dark grey RS4 rims will looks sweet.

With regards to the insurance, you're really better off declaring it - a slightly higher premium is far better than them refusing to pay out and leaving you down the cost of the car.

Just phone them up before making any changes - most of the time, cosmetic changes won't affect the premium, or what it adds on will be a fraction of what you're spending on the mod anyway.

That's the look I've got in mind I love the dark look, dark rs4 alloys mmmmm yummy!

Yeah my job pretty much relea on me being mobile so legit is the only option for me! Rather be safe than sorry!

How old are you and how much do you pay for insurance if you don't mind me asking? i am only 18 and i have just changed my insurance over

Chris

Your a star mate that is the exact kind of look I am going for! I actually can't believe you have just found that lol nice one made my day!

Your a star mate that is the exact kind of look I am going for! I actually can't believe you have just found that lol nice one made my day!
No worries. That's what the forums for mate. You can find anything on here if you look through enough threads. Just make sure you do a build thread with loads of pics.

I Agree with MY11 rear lights, rs4 alloys sound nice too I think an s-line spoiler and tints would set it off very nicely possibly a cupra r splitter also. Good luck with the mods and welcome to ASN.

I Agree with MY11 rear lights, rs4 alloys sound nice too I think an s-line spoiler and tints would set it off very nicely possibly a cupra r splitter also. Good luck with the mods and welcome to ASN.
newer style tail's are a must on the 3door

Cheers for the Input, ill get a progression thread going oce ive made my first purchase.

So far things i am decided on are;

MY11 tails
18" RS4 alloys

Once the wheels are on I am going to see how I feel about coil overs.

One thing I meant to start a thread on is my steering. When parking, or driving slow but steering I hear a grinding/crunching noise, also I have had the amber power steering light come up a few times while driving normally. Any past experiences or ideas?

Can't help you with that one mate. Best start another thread I'm sure you'll get the answer in no time.