New to Audi's - thoughts on this one...?

sheff_dave

Reaction score
Hi guys,

In the mist of looking for a 'sensible' family car I have had my mind set on beemer 330/335 tourers, however, looking on AT, this caught my eye...

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201604142953307/usedcars?logcode=visc

Knowing nothing about Audi's (all my research has been on the beemers!) I wanted to get peoples thoughts on price and what to look out for? I am aware of the excessive oil usage, but was wondering how would I go about checking if the work had been done? The car does have a full Audi service history.

thanks,
Dave

The advert is pants as it shows a Mercedes interior.

There's a common fault on the fuel cap lock but as for the oil issue I'll let someone in the know reply as I have an oil burner myself ;)

These are great cars when fixed properly. I Would call any Audi dealer or even Audi UK to check if it has had any oil consumption tests or even the piston repair completed. If not it will definitely need doing. All these cars require the modified piston, rings and conrods.
I personally wouldn't be put off unless you don't want the hastle of going through the rigmarole of consumption tests. What I can say is that you could end up with a repaired and great tfsi engine, a 2 yr warranty on the new parts fitted and even a complimentary service. All this free apart from the time wasted at the dealer etc..
Just check my sticky thread at the top of the A4 B8 page on the subject. Lots of great info...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
It's a dynamic so you get a better spec. There's a thread in the forum specifically for it. There are quite a few extras and the suspension is lowered, only available in 4 colours and almost all in 2011 and 2012. Think the one you are looking at has had optional silver wing mirrors fitted. Nice looking motor.

Make sure the cam belt tensioner has been changed for the new uprated one as well as that was the other manufacturing fault on these cars. If these have been done, then it's an awesome car and engine.

Make sure as well that all the servicing and maintenance was done on time or Audi may reject any goodwill as @costello found out initially.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9