New to Audi S3, love it, Need advice

Richard lupton

Reaction score
Just bought 2009 S3, TFSI quattro.
Wanting a remap but don't know best to use?
Want more HP and better fuel consumption, is that possible???
Also it doesn't have electric folding mirrors, how do I go about fitting them?? They're electric just no fold in option, it's blanked out.
Any help would be appreciated
Cheers

Reactions: S3Alex
Welcome to the forum @Richard lupton. I recently retrofitted autofold mirrors. Mines a MY61 and Sportback - I've listed my parts in the first thread here http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/s3-kwe-my-build-thread-it-will-be-slow-progress.320369/. You'll be able to collect the parts off eBay but the control units are the important items.

Re the mapping - there is loads of information here whether you go for an 'off the shelf' map such as APR, Revo, Shark or a custom map (more bang for the your buck) from the likes of R-Tech, Unicorn etc. Many have reported an improved Mpg following their remap. I'm yet to get one so I can't comment any more sorry but I'm sure others will report back shortly.

Remapping choice is yours, depends on location! R tech and Mrc have great names, and so does the software Apr, I used a lad called Rabbid to map mine, pulled 320 stage 1 and hasn't missed a beat!

Mapping is all down to location, or willingness to travel for the right map

Unicorn in Stockport and R-Tech in Hinkley are the most popular custom mappers on here for the S3 8P. Custom mapping is the way to go if you want the most out of your S3 and supporting hardware, especially at stage 2+ and above, let alone it's generally cheaper too. If they're too far as well as AMD Tuning in Essex and you were to go down the generic mapping route instead, then APR offer the best software nowadays due to still supporting the 8P platform unlike Revo..

In regards to better fuel consumption then it is possible to see an increase in MPG, however it is entirely down to how heavy your right foot is!

Reactions: S3Alex
Remapping choice is yours, depends on location! R tech and Mrc have great names, and so does the software Apr, I used a lad called Rabbid to map mine, pulled 320 stage 1 and hasn't missed a beat!

Mapping is all down to location, or willingness to travel for the right map
The same rabbit on the vauxhall scene?

The same rabbit on the vauxhall scene?
Correct mate, over the moon with my car, proper quick, drives spot on and gets good figures, had it on a couple of rollers and they have all said bang on

Reactions: Kaine19
Didnt know he did audis mate.