New to Audi - Recently got S5

Xulf

Reaction score
Hi guys, I got my S5 delivered a week ago. It's my first Audi. Wanted something a bit different so went for the Misano Red, and it looks absolutely stunning in real life, much better than it does in online pics/videos.

The comfort and drive is phenomenal, absolutely love it. A real head turner, and the sound it makes when accelerating is just beautiful.

Might be a silly Q, but is it normal for the fan to keep running after the engine is off? This has pretty much happened every time, and it stays on for a few minutes. Others that have heard it said it's because the engines over-heated, which is unusual for a new car?

Also, when stationary is there a way to turn off the limiter when revving the car? It doesn't go past 5, really wanting to hear the sound full throttle and pop whilst stationary.

Cheers

Congratulations on the new car - we need pictures though!

When my car was new the fan did run a lot of the time - i wonder if this is it "running in". Certainly does it less now but every now and again will run on for a while after turning off.

I don't know how you can get the car past the limiter unfortunately.

Reactions: Xulf
My Mrs A3 1.6 TDI fan runs for AGES after short journeys, but I believe thats to rejuvenate the EGR, which the S5s wont have :)

Maybe its just cleaning out the AC or something???

Hi guys, I got my S5 delivered a week ago. It's my first Audi. Wanted something a bit different so went for the Misano Red, and it looks absolutely stunning in real life, much better than it does in online pics/videos.

The comfort and drive is phenomenal, absolutely love it. A real head turner, and the sound it makes when accelerating is just beautiful.

Might be a silly Q, but is it normal for the fan to keep running after the engine is off? This has pretty much happened every time, and it stays on for a few minutes. Others that have heard it said it's because the engines over-heated, which is unusual for a new car?

Also, when stationary is there a way to turn off the limiter when revving the car? It doesn't go past 5, really wanting to hear the sound full throttle and pop whilst stationary.

Cheers

The cooling system for the Turbo charger will run for a set amount of minutes to cool the turbo. The system will run for longer dependant on the temperature of the engine etc. As the Turbo is mounted between the "V" of the engine it gets hot.....so the fan is what I used to call a turbo timer. It's normal that's for sure I have had it in many forced induction cars I have owned. It's when you drive your car hard and the fan doesn't come on you should be worried

Reactions: Xulf and Liddo
Congrats on the new car - get some snaps on!

I just got my new S5 SB in manhattan grey on 1st September so need to get some snaps up as well! Came from a 340i so will get some opinions up on the comparison as well.

The fan does the same on mine and did it on my previous Audi a few years back when it was new.

Thanks for the reply guys, glad to know the fan staying on is normal. Do you all have the same thing with the rev's not going past 4000 when stationary? Another friend of mine said they limit it because it's a leased vehicle, surely that can't be right?!

As requested, here are some pics, but like I said earlier it really does look a lot better in real:

IMG 1994
IMG 1995
IMG 1996
IMG 1999
IMG 2001
IMG 2018
IMG 2007

Reactions: RichardMMM, aliwtsnS5, THQuattro and 1 other person
Lovely ;) I do like Red Audi's. Cant wait for mine to FINALLY arrive :blackrs4:

Looks very nice!

No that limiter applies to all S5s. Very annoying! Dynamic and Sport will do for the interim...