New to Audi from tomorrow...

basegreen

Reaction score
Well, having owned Honda Civics since I learned to drive (new shape ones from 2006 onwards) I finally made the move away from Honda to Audi (although Mrs Basegreen still drives a MY16 Civic...)

Why? The new shape coming in February is just so dull. Each revision now just seems to make it look more and more like a US cheap rental sedan, and the engines aren't exactly exciting me either. I'm a big fan of the Civic, and still own one. Just owning two can't really be justified any more. I'm a moderator/founder on the biggest Civic forum, so I do appreciate these communities. Consider this my hello to the Audi world. So anyway, I started to look elsewhere. I also looked at BMW (too boring inside), Jaguar (too Ford Mondeo), Merc (too Merc).

So why Audi? Well, basically the tech. I work in the tech industry (IOT/Cloud long lead R&D), so it appealed to me. The marriage of the virtual cockpit, the great parking aids, with the engine tech really works well. The car handles well, and whilst the exterior is functional at best, the whole thing oozes quality.

In the end, I couldn't be bothered waiting and my original spec of A4 190PS TFSI Sport Saloon quickly became an A4 S-Line TDI 190PS Avant, with a bunch of options. The 13 week+ lead time just would have killed me, as my chop-in car loses money every month. So no, grabbed one that was already built (but in Germany) and within a fortnight I got a delivery date of tomorrow.

I picked up an official boot liner from a dealer on eBay for £40, which I thought was pretty good. I'll report back how my collection goes.

Any advice on things to look out for on the collection would be excellent.

Be assured I'll be on here figuring things out and helping out as much as possible once I get my head around everything.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, maui and cuke2u
As a tech head myself I can only agree, I'm a IT network technician in three different schools. The VC is so compelling to have and you won't regret it. Good luck with tomorrow...

Reactions: maui
Welcome to the Audi Forum.
Hope all goes well tomorrow.

Reactions: cuke2u
Me too! Thanks. I have a Cambridge to Sheffield run to do in it as soon as I've picked it up. I drive like a chauffeur so it's a good job I am like that, given the need to take it easy in the first 600 miles.

Long time lurker now signed up.

I am also going to collect my car tomorrow - approved used 16 plate A4 2.0 TDI Quattro S-Line - can't wait!

First car of my own however i'm sure it'll be a bit different to my grandparents i30 which I drove when I needed a car.

Can't wait to pick it up and post some pictures tomorrow!

Reactions: Brasso, basegreen, Sandra and 2 others
@basegreen welcome to audi-sport.net. Look forward to the pics. Enjoy the forum :)
@OJF welcome to the forum. Look forward to the pics tomorrow.

Reactions: basegreen and OJF
Took a call from the dealership at around 730pm, and they told me the car isn't ready... In fact, the car wasn't even delivered. I'm away from Saturday evening until next Friday so won't be until then I get the car.

I actually changed my holiday plans to get it tomorrow as well, swapped insurance over etc. This sort of stuff always happens to me.

Took a call from the dealership at around 730pm, and they told me the car isn't ready... In fact, the car wasn't even delivered. I'm away from Saturday evening until next Friday so won't be until then I get the car.

I actually changed my holiday plans to get it tomorrow as well, swapped insurance over etc. This sort of stuff always happens to me.

That's pretty rough. Worth pushing for some freebies when you can get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah - we agreed on me taking the family out for a (very) nice meal and them reimbursing me for the amount up to £175. Seems pretty fair really.

Welcome! Another Jap convert! I used to be an avid fan of the old Mitsubishi Colt / Mirage - so a rival at the Jap shows ;)
Had mine for a week now, with VC / driver assist and love it (in IT infrastructure lol).
I did create a thread of things to check on collection day - might help you.

What colour you getting? Did I miss it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to learn of 2 new members - welcome along! Look forward to swapping experiences with you. Loving my A4 Avant

Welcome! Another Jap convert! I used to be an avid fan of the old Mitsubishi Colt / Mirage - so a rival at the Jap shows ;)
Had mine for a week now, with VC / driver assist and love it (in IT infrastructure lol).
I did create a thread of things to check on collection day - might help you.

What colour you getting? Did I miss it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hah, sorry. I didn't "pick" the colour, but it's Manhattan grey. I'll check the collection list!

Not had time to take some decent pictures today, spent most of the day driving it!

Will take some and post them in the next few days however i'm over the moon with the car!

Not had time to take some decent pictures today, spent most of the day driving it!

Will take some and post them in the next few days however i'm over the moon with the car!
Good to hear your over the moon. :)

Getting mine (finally) on Friday afternoon.

Dealer sent me a short video from the PDI centre which was quite good. It looks good!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9, cuke2u and Sandra
Getting mine (finally) on Friday afternoon.

Dealer sent me a short video from the PDI centre which was quite good. It looks good!
Look forward to pics:) Enjoy your collection. :) x

IMG 0459
As promised, here's a picture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ScottishA4B9 and Sandra
Ok ok. Literally only had time to take a few and drive home for various reasons. Proper pics tomorrow. Here's another.

Attachments

• IMG_0460.JPG
    IMG_0460.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
Reactions: AidenL
Now that's a much nicer colour :) LOL