New to Audi, buying second hand

Bluepowell

Reaction score
Hello.

I’m going to look a TDi (150) S-line (may 16) auto box one on Sunday with 26k on the clock. Optional extras as far as I can see off the ad are heated seats, upgraded alloys, privacy glass and (the big one) a panoramic sunroof. That is the main reason I’m keen on this one as my friend has one in his Peugeot and loves it.

As I‘m new to Audi (driving an 07 alfa 159 at the moment) just wondered what I should be looking for when I go and test drive it and check it over. Are there any common faults/issues, or things I should be asking to see, have checked/confirmed before I say yes. (in my head I’ve already said yes, J).

Also I am a bit confused over the servicing as having a browse through the threads it seems that there are 2 types, fixed and variable schedules? What should I expect to see service wise on a car of this age?

As with all of my previous cars I’ll be planning on keeping it for a while. Been driving the alfa for nealy 10 years now, and would hope the audi would be similar, so want to make sure that I buy one that will last.

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

The services schedule depends upon the use of the car and the mileage per year. As the one you are looking at is up to three years of age you could be looking at fixed servicing schedule as here https://beta.audi.co.uk/owners-area...QJPst1_MW02Oo60FKI31bbdDM9RDew6kaAjoEEALw_wcB As the servicing is digitally recorded you might be better off asking the supplying dealership when the car has been serviced as they can get it from the key.

The A4 is generally robust but do have a few issues with rattles if it's a saloon, you don't specify although the clue could be in the panoramic roof...

Might sound a stupid question, but as the car is from a none Audi dealership can they still read the digital service history?

Probably not in this case, thus I would be very wary if you cannot obtain the full service history. If you are buying from a non-Audi dealership then make sure there is a good warranty. Have you a link to it, how much is advertised for?

Its from a volvo dealer. As has been taken down, but have a vid. Not sure if it will work though. Price is £21500. Has over 8 months warranty left on it.

htt://volvo.aos.tv/YH16UZB79AA6503

The dealer should be able to access the service history via erwin.audi.com and print it out but it is also possible that whilst there won't be service history stamps in a log book, there may still be paper receipts available to see.

Also, presuming they are a franchise dealer, their used cars have probably had an RAC or AA check before going on the forecourt so check if there is a report from this.

What are your must haves for this car as far as options are concerned? As you may well know just about everything is an option such as folding door mirrors...

Well, there are no must have as such (I guess that is one of the compromises of buying second hand), but the sunroof is what has tempted me to the one that i'm off to see on Sunday.

As for the whole everything is an extra.....My 11 year old alfa has folding mirrors as standard on the spec i got, along with storage on the backs of seats, which I cannot believe is an extra option!

On the plus side, the B9 includes a centre arm rest, but I had to pay for it on the B7. Small consolation though, the B9 (with storage pack) still has far less places to put things.

11 year old alfa has folding mirrors as standard on the spec i got, along with storage on the backs of seats, which I cannot believe is an extra option!
As does many cars that the manufacturers load up with goodies to get you to buy them. Still at least with audi you get a choice if you are buying new. It is what it is unfortunately...