New to Audi and the forum couple of Q's

condor_a3

Reaction score
Hi all,

just got a 58 reg 2.0, tdi couple of questions....

I'm getting the 'crest of the hill stutter' done some searching but can't seem to find if there's ever been a cure for it or what the cause is, anyone else suffering?..

Was thinking of fitting the rnse nav, I notice allot of them seem to have northern American part numbers, does this matter?

And finally does it matter what Bluetooth module I fit ie is there different ones for symphony head units and rnse?

Cheers Adrian

ive got an rns going cheap pm me or see the classifieds i belive the bluetooth matters for if you want sds though someone may confirm i can confirm the pn of the module that i know works with my nav if youd like

Thanks, but first i'd like to try and get to bottom of the stutter which also seems to happen on some right hand bends, may have to purchase Vag-com first..

No its not its also the 140bhp version I seem to able to find loads of posts about vw's doing it but no real answers as to why... Feels like fuel starvation.

i used to have major stutter issues in my 140, turned out to be engine mounts and then i just raised the idle rev from 780 to 800 and that has fixed it. also now that i have the uprated THS Engine mounts and the powerflex dogbone insert i can feel a little engine noise but no stutter so i am happy. Car also feels like it pulls stronger too.

as for the bluetooth if you already have one then it should work fine with the RNS-E providing its all coded properly.
if you wanted the SDS hack then a couple of things would be needed to done to it but thats a different topic

Fairly sure it's not mount related, it only really happens of crests of hill and once it's done it on a right hand bend (but that felt slightly different and could have been regen related) it's like a cough almost like all injectors switch off for 1 second..