New to Audi - A3 2.0 TDI Sport

Chris - as discussed, you need the S-Line front bumper if you want all S-Line mate. Notice the different shape fog grilles.

Sport / SE

View attachment 17678

S-Line

View attachment 17677

Also, the pointy bits that stick out either side of the lower centre vent thing stick out more on the S line.
This is so you can crack your ankle on them when you're trying to get your wheelie bin out.

Reactions: Zak0123, Yolo_8p3, Artimus and 1 other person
It's a bit out the way though, no next service delivery or any of the bigger fast food outlets (McDonald's, KFC, Domino's), and the amount of tourists is horrendous.

Who needs fast food man, sit outside have a nice bbq, family etc it would be great.

Who needs fast food man, sit outside have a nice bbq, family etc it would be great.

Just realised what a fatty I sounded like there! Yeah it is a lovely place, very relaxing!

Then again you're talking to a guy who had an epiphany 4 weeks ago & changed his life to a more healthy style.

Then again you're talking to a guy who had an epiphany 4 weeks ago & changed his life to a more healthy style.

I might have an epiphany in the near future if I have a bit of spare time. :p

I don't have spare time either mate, but sometimes you just have to do these things & make time for the better good :)

Only just noticed this thread & have to say Congrats mate! you've got the best colour available! though my opinion may be slightly biased as I have the same shade & love it. :salute:

I'm gonna suggest you get some Dodo Juice Blue Velvet wax (if you haven't already), it gives a deep shine & really enhances the different blues in the pearl on sunny days.

Bonnet

Fantastic work with the spec upgrades so far, it's looking a lot better than when you got it. The s-line front bumper has different shaped fog housings and the bumper surrounds of the fogs has squared off ridges, but the splitter overhangs aren't really any more enhanced than your current ones.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: Yolo_8p3
Any new additions to your audi pal

Not for the time being I'm afraid!
New wheels are my next step though, once the tyres on these give up!
Other than that I'll be just attempting to keep her nice and clean and try some of that wax Artimus had - it looks superb!

ive been looking at different wax`s too just waiting for mine to come out of the body shop so i can give it some love and care,theres so many different wax`s out there now that its hard to choose some specificaly for darker colours..

have you looked into any types of wheels thats my next step too

ive been looking at different wax`s too just waiting for mine to come out of the body shop so i can give it some love and care,theres so many different wax`s out there now that its hard to choose some specificaly for darker colours..

Don't mean to hijack the thread here, but get yourself some Prima Amigo and Vics Concours Wax. Wax has very good durability and looks awesome on Black!

have you looked into any types of wheels thats my next step too

Yeah I really want a set of Rota's but don't quite have the funds at the moment! We will see how much money I can save over the next few months. Really fancy a genuine set!

Same here been looking for rotors genuine but seem to be making ridiculous money on ebay I might just end up getting replicas

Was going to say, get some 18s on it and you're sorted! Looking good mate :icon_thumright:

Hi all,

Not had any updates on the car for some time, and I wasn't planning to - then last week happened!
My mate had recently picked up a 2005 A4 Avant 2.0 TDI 140, and was telling me that he thought it was faster than stock.
He digs up a receipt from the previous owner showing a revo remap and 185 horses!

He took me out for a spin and needless to say I had to get one myself.
After Wednesday and £360, I have now got myself a remapped A3.

I was very nervous due to the miles the car had done, and hearing about turbo and clutch woes, but it's definitely worth the cash!
She properly shifts now, 3rd feels like 2nd gear!
It was done by an agent of Celtic Tuning, who claim that the map produces 206bhp.
Now I don't know if it does anywhere near that...but it certainly feels very fast!

Another small update was that I fixed an annoying door cracking/creaking sound from both sides!
There was a thread on here saying that using a black crayon round the felt at the top of the door fixes this issue so I picked up a Crayola pack in Sainsburys earlier today. I was genuinely staggered when it worked! No more cracking noise from either door, which is hugely better and makes the car lovely to drive even in silence!

That's all from me for the time being!

And a picture of the car recently after a proper clean inside and out!