New Style Window Switches

Replaced the mirror switch for the new one as it worked without any problems,
Sorry about pics I will sort them out for you before the weekend ;)

Door card removal is a dodle on the SB there are 4 torx screws, 2 at bottom of door, 1 in middle and one behind the handle where the door lock/unlock switch is on drivers door once you have removed them give the door card a good PULL and it will release, then just disconnect door catch wire from back of handle on door card and any electrical plugs and jobs done there is a how to on doorcard removal on this forum somewhere which will come in handier than my cack explanation :(

Ok cheers mate! My switches do look tacky so I think i'll order a replacement set soon and give it a go!

Did you do the electric mirror knob aswell? Does that come off/swap over just as easily?

Manage to get any pics?

At Last I have pics ,
Self explanatory really ,top 2 pics show how switch is held in place by 1 tab at either side,
Last pic should show what it looks like when you gently prise the cover off the tab, ;)
b0584381.jpg

7b77e633.jpg

e9a078c3.jpg

that looks ok, so we will need to take the door cards off for this?
also did you get the mirror switch off?

does this help if you have a dodgy switch or is it just the plastic housing?

that looks ok, so we will need to take the door cards off for this?
also did you get the mirror switch off?

does this help if you have a dodgy switch or is it just the plastic housing?
Yes, doorcards off (2mins) I replaced the complete mirror switch as the new one worked with no problems,
As my old window switches worked fine I just replaced the toggle switches shown :)

just pulling this thread up again as i will be ordering a new set of switches in the next couple of weeks...

the mirror switch in the pic by Martinivw shows that its just for electric adjustment and heated mirrors, would the part number still be the same for the mirror switch with electric folding mirrors? i ask as i have looked on ETKA and it shows 2 part numbers for essentially the same functioning part :think:

mirrorswitch.png

Last edited:
just pulling this thread up again as i will be ordering a new set of switches in the next couple of weeks...

the mirror switch in the pic by Martinivw shows that its just for electric adjustment and heated mirrors, would the part number still be the same for the mirror switch with electric folding mirrors? i ask as i have looked on ETKA and it shows 2 part numbers for essentially the same functioning part :think:

mirrorswitch.png

I believe the switch I fitted also works the folding mirrors as I can turn it 360 degrees and the folding mirror position is at 6 o'clock position
As I don't have folding mirrors I can't confirm this
Hope that clears it up for u

ahh thanks, i think my original mirror switch does the 6 o'clock turn too... i have just retrofitted in the folding mirrors so was going to get the switch and wire it in but if my one can be wired to work then i can wait for a few weeks to get the new switches.

if upgrading the window switches to alloy tipped ones is as easy as just changing the covers, do you think the headlight switch will be the same???:drool:

how is it done then?? as i dont want screwdriver marks/dents in the dash at the side of the switch!! will a knife pop it out? also do you have part numbers for the new switch?

cheers

Did mine and I must say they are so pretty! However, I have come to the realization(at least 100 times) that the more I visit ASN, the poorer I become

good man! finally!!!
remember you might just want to replace the cover with the new ones and not the whole switch since they work slightly differently :friends:

and me!! Sometimes i wish i didn't buy a sport back, double the window switches to change and double the puddle lights to fit :(

Chris

the actual window switch cover... where the chrome tip is.
If you have had your door modules swapped over and repinned then change the switches over. but if you are running prefacelift modules just take off the chrome tipped window cover from the switch and change over the covers only as the switches dont seem to work with prefacelift motors.

Resurrecting an old thread here, any ideas if the covers from a drivers side 4 door switch panel could be removed & swapped for the covers on the passenger & rear doors? I.e. are the covers the same size on the switches?

Resurrecting an old thread here, any ideas if the covers from a drivers side 4 door switch panel could be removed & swapped for the covers on the passenger & rear doors? I.e. are the covers the same size on the switches?
yes, they are the same ;)

Sorry for dragging up an old thread but was Looking for the new Style chrome switches when i found these...

5pcs Chrome Master Window Mirror Switch For Audi A4 S4 B8 Q5 A5 | eBay

Now looking at other switches available, the A3, A4, A6 switches all seem to be the same. Will just the cover with the chrome pop off these and fit the A3s?

Will these fit? Alot cheaper if they do.

Last edited:
hey fellas- i have a 2008- i am trying to figure out if i could swap over just the chrome or the entire switch. I was able facelift the entire climate control switch which makes me think i could swap over the entire switch