New style key

griswold

Reaction score
Just got this today, I got the remote to pair easy but had to swap transponder as I couldn't code with vag tacho could have been down to the fact that the transponder was dislodged in new key so maybe that was it.
Decided to file old key down a bit to fit as couldn't wait till Monday to get blank cut.
Even has a little led light too
A4key
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Key...547.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.46f04c4dlqKNil

Reactions: DieselJake
How did you do that? Did you use the original board from the old key or is it a new board? If so how did you code it to the car? I wanted to do this but was told it wasn’t possible.

Forget that post I didn’t read it properly. I clicked the link and I’m thinking of doing the same. Is that AliExpress any Good? And what is the quality of the fob like?

I ordered on sunday night and the key arrived Saturday. key quality very good.
key comes with a blank you can get cut or a liitle bit of filling your old key will slot in the new keyfob and you can tap the roll pin in.
Its been working perfect all week, the back of the key fob has a round circle which you can get a 14mm round audi badge to fit just like the vw version of our original key but I think I will leave as is.
Definitely get one, just make sure you order the right part number with matching letter.
I was using vag tacho to try to code immo, but where the chip had moved I think it was out of range.
My vag tacho was working as during my trials my spare lost the code and light was flashing so had to re program that one.
If your happy to use original immo chip very easy to do
IMG 20190126 215033 3 IMG 20190126 215148 2CS IMG 20190126 215049 5

Last edited:
I know I asked about this a while ago lol. How do you get the key paired up?

I know I asked about this a while ago lol. How do you get the key paired up?
If you mean the door unlock and lock buttons Google or search this forum for key pairing it was very easy but can't remember how I did it, I just followed the key pairing guide something about putting key in divers door and locking our unlocking and pressing the buttons but the guide will tell you how. I just swapped the immo chip over from old key. Key still working no problems

Well I just ordered one using that link, I’m hoping it won’t take long to arrive or at least I hope it just arrives. I don’t seem to have much luck with orders from China lol.