New steering wheel problems

Lion_dub

Reaction score
I have just changed my steering wheel to the newer version

The problem I'm having is the dsg paddles, the horn and the buttons on the new wheel don't work

Does anyone have some advice how to fix this.
Thanks

No I haven't I just put the wheel on and thought it would work

Where in nw London (Wembley) can I go to get someone to code it and how much would that cost, and would everything work after the coding?

No I haven't I just put the wheel on and thought it would work

Where in nw London (Wembley) can I go to get someone to code it and how much would that cost, and would everything work after the coding?
Try @Ash187

This is going to be more than just coding.

It's likely that as the original was not a multi-function wheel, you do not have the control modules or the correct slip rings on the steering column to make this work, so these would need to be purchased, then coded in order to get full functionality.

This is going to be more than just coding.

It's likely that as the original was not a multi-function wheel, you do not have the control modules or the correct slip rings on the steering column to make this work, so these would need to be purchased, then coded in order to get full functionality.

Correct my original was not a mulifunction wheel. Can u tell me exactly what else I would need to get to make it all work?
Thanks again

That may not be your only problem, isn't your original steering wheel a single stage airbag?
The later types are dual stage, if so I'm not sure you can get the airbag to work properly.

That may not be your only problem, isn't your original steering wheel a single stage airbag?
The later types are dual stage, if so I'm not sure you can get the airbag to work properly.
Yeah my original is a single stage air bag, does that mean I will need a complete different wheel and air bag. Or just a new airbag with the control module?

TBH, your better off waiting for one of the aftermarket guys coming along and chipping in.

This could be quite a complex upgrade - Slip rings, wiring, module, coding etc. Your head unit may or may not even be compatible with the wheel controls.

It's possible someone has already done this mod, so can offer more practical advice.

Also - that airbag doesn't quite look right, did it wire in ok with no faults indicated?

Good luck!

I'm not sure if you can get it to work tbh, but then I've not had any experience with it.
The problem is you would only know if it works if the worst happened.
I'm not sure I'd want to test it that way!

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

There is an upgrade that you can do on your car but not with that wheel as the single stage airbag will be an issue.
Dm me as I will be up your way next week some point prob Wednesday