SQ5 New SQ5 TDI

OZAudi84

Reaction score
Hi all. Has anyone heard of a diesel variant of the new SQ5 being offered? It's unfortunate that the new TFSI model is now slower than the previous model and drinks more fuel.

Not that I've heard of.

I've always been jealous of the US for having the same 3.0 supercharged V6 that's in my S5, as I like the SQ5, but not a diesel fan.

Guess you can't please all the people all of the time...! Is bizarre how they don't offer the 3.0TDI for the standard Q5 though...? Surely that would of been a good alternative for yourself?

As you say, is also a shame it's slower. Guess this is where the massive torque from a diesel really excels for big heavy SUVs...would be interested to see figures beyond the 0-60 ones though.

Not that I've heard of.

I've always been jealous of the US for having the same 3.0 supercharged V6 that's in my S5, as I like the SQ5, but not a diesel fan.

Guess you can't please all the people all of the time...! Is bizarre how they don't offer the 3.0TDI for the standard Q5 though...? Surely that would of been a good alternative for yourself?

As you say, is also a shame it's slower. Guess this is where the massive torque from a diesel really excels for big heavy SUVs...would be interested to see figures beyond the 0-60 ones though.

I've got an SQ5 tdi and my brother has an e46 M3, and we have done foot down races from various speeds and they are neck and neck on a flat road. But I would have no chance through the twisties.

SQ5

Reactions: DrEskimo
Not that I've heard of.

Thanks for the reply. It is a shame the 3.0TDI is not being offered either in standard form or SQ5 form. Maybe it has something to do with emissions.

The new SQ5 is a bit off the pace performance wise compared to the GLC43 and Porsche Macan.