New special edition BMW's

In response to your post L60N just because I am a moderator doesn't mean that I am not entitled to have an opinion. And like you I am entitled to post it.

Just because I am a moderator doesn't mean I have to agree with everything you post. We are not all sheep...

marriedblonde said:
In response to your post L60N just because I am a moderator doesn't mean that I am not entitled to have an opinion. And like you I am entitled to post it.

Just because I am a moderator doesn't mean I have to agree with everything you post. We are not all sheep...

Now hang on a minute,

I didnt say you werent entitled to an opinion. But being a Mod comes with responsibilty...

As a moderator you are supposed to stop flaming and keep the board a friendly place, free of personal insults. If I were you, personally i'd stay out of contentious debates or at the very least; use an alternate account to engage in them. Im talking about your integrity here dude...

And im not saying you shouldnt be able to engage just as any normal member in common discussion. Far from it. But the things you have done in this thread lead me to think you have forgotten what the forum is here for...

If you could try to avoid conflict of interest and bias, trust me; this would be a better place.

Lastly, I never called you a sheep or said you had to agree with ANYTHING I say.

Regards

marriedblonde said:

Thats kind of what I was thinking, its better for a mod to have an opinion and get involved with conversations rather than being some aloof **** who never says a word unless its to have a pop at someone, I know MB doesn't do that and anyone on here that has been around for a while will also know this to be true.
Its also good that MB doesn't just ban or prune threads because he doesn't like what's been said or doesn't agree with it like some mods on other forums do.

In summary:
If you don't like BM's or have nothing constructive to say, don't post in forums with BMW in the title. Quite simple really.

Ya burks...

L60N said:
Now hang on a minute,

I didnt say you werent entitled to an opinion. But being a Mod comes with responsibilty...

As a moderator you are supposed to stop flaming and keep the board a friendly place, free of personal insults. If I were you, personally i'd stay out of contentious debates or at the very least; use an alternate account to engage in them. Im talking about your integrity here dude...

And im not saying you shouldnt be able to engage just as any normal member in common discussion. Far from it. But the things you have done in this thread lead me to think you have forgotten what the forum is here for...

If you could try to avoid conflict of interest and bias, trust me; this would be a better place.

Lastly, I never called you a sheep or said you had to agree with ANYTHING I say.

Regards

But by staying out of contentious debates your saying that I am not entitled to an opinion? Or worse you think I should hide behind a different user name?
How is that going to protect my integrity?

So you are effectively suggesting as a mod I am not allowed to voice my opinion?

This place fortunately requires very little moderation, obviously you get the odd thread were the red mist descends but, as you know, normally a quick PM resolves that.

There's very few posts involving personal insults , last night there where a few but I think you know why.

J.

Personally I think everyone is entitled to express their opinion, including moderators, providing it is done in a reasonable manner.

Perhaps anyone who wants to post on this particular forum about cars other than the 8P A3 should just make sure they include whatever it's about in the title and then anyone who not interested can refrain from reading the posts if they choose.

Head - Brick wall comes to mind...

I'm coming away from this thread right now.

:kissmyrings:

L60N said:
Head - Brick wall comes to mind...

I'm coming away from this thread right now.

:kissmyrings:

Take it easy, its just a bit of fun.

Anyway I thought you were leaving 4 posts ago...

Can i make a suggestion, as this topic is now both boring and not even close to reaching a conclusion.... Any threads regarding other marques should be posted in the general discussion or other marques forums.
If people wish to sing the praises of BMW's over Audi and shout down anyone who disagrees i'd suggest this is not the forum for you. I come here to exchange educated banter with other Audi enthusiasts.
I have expressed my opinion on the current BMW range, design ethic and customer service in an educated manner only to have a very anti Audi response from some forum members which i find bizarre. I have owned BMW so i know what i'm talking about... I came to buy a new car and found the current BMW range TOTALLY unappealing, thats my opinion so don't spit the dummy out. If you come into an Audi forum and say things like "the whole BMW range is better than anything Audi make" etc etc. Do you expect a positive response from a forum full of Audi owners? Clearly just looking for a reaction and a petty fight. Well done, mission accomplished...Now grow up.
Don't get me wrong i'm all for discussing difference of opinion and internet forums are a great place for freedom of speech without discrimination. Some people just need to calm down, listen, think and then speak to avoid sounding like a total bigot. Keep the toys in the pram.

Cheers.

Paul.

marriedblonde said:
Well said Paul

Thanks, appreciated. I loved my beamer and who knows...maybe i'll own one again in the future. I'll happily discuss both marques of car all day. Lets just keep it level headed and educated!

PNH80 said:
Can i make a suggestion, as this topic is now both boring and not even close to reaching a conclusion.... Any threads regarding other marques should be posted in the general discussion or other marques forums.

Great idea, in theory.
Unfortunately, those other forums are a big dark pit of nothingness.
Just as I posted this thread to assist those on here who are considering other cars, someone else, just a couple of hours ago, has asked for advice on a B-class Merc.
Where's the harm?
It's just people sticking with a forum where they 'know' the people frequenting it and trust their opinions.
I'm able to ignore S3 threads these days, because they invariably annoy me, so provided the thread is clearly marked (as per David's suggestion), I don't see the harm at all.

Could the mods in future please move threads which have been posted in the wrong forum regarding other marks to ( Other Brands and Models) where this thread should have been in the first place to stop future outbreaks of handbags at dawn.

PNH80 said:
Lets just keep it level headed and educated!

It's too easy for the red mist to descend and for us to become hot headed when sat behind a screen.

I don't think it'll ever be a case that other marques aren't mentioned in each area of a forum. Perhaps we need to follow David's advice and clearly lable those threads....

motorbikez said:
Could the mods in future please move threads which have been posted in the wrong forum regarding other marks to ( Other Brands and Models) where this thread should have been in the first place to stop future outbreaks of handbags at dawn.

Yes they can be moved but as has been mentioned the "other brands" forum gets very little traffic. Then what normally happens is another thread is started in here...

That's a strange first post.:tocktock:
Apart from being a load of tosh, in general, that is.

It's from a banned member, he keeps reregistering and keeps getting banned. I just do a delete on his account.

Give his due though he keeps coming up with new usernames and has to enter a new email address each time!

Although he has now obviously done a cut and paste as thats the same post from this morning.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Give his due though he keeps coming up with new usernames and has to enter a new email address each time!

Jeez, that's one bitter dude...:tocktock:

bowfer said:
Great idea, in theory.
Unfortunately, those other forums are a big dark pit of nothingness.
Just as I posted this thread to assist those on here who are considering other cars, someone else, just a couple of hours ago, has asked for advice on a B-class Merc.
Where's the harm?
It's just people sticking with a forum where they 'know' the people frequenting it and trust their opinions.
I'm able to ignore S3 threads these days, because they invariably annoy me, so provided the thread is clearly marked (as per David's suggestion), I don't see the harm at all.

No i 100% agree, if Audi forum members want good advice from people in here because they value opinions thats brilliant. I myself offered advice in that Mercedes B-Class thread because he was asking for pros and cons of the car against an A3. A very legitimate topic.
My issue is when people come steaming in with comments stating that this and the other is "****" and shooting down any opinions which are different to their own.
What i will say is that as long as the thread is started by some one who 1. Has owned an Audi, 2. Currently owns an Audi, 3. Is looking to buy an Audi or 4. Wants the (educated) opinions of Audi owners on another Marque in comparison. But surely to god it has to be Audi related in SOME way?!

Anyway i've ranted enough for today, i need a lye down.

what a pile of **** they actually were in real life! awful awful cars.

How long is that dude going to keep re-registering?
You ever posted your address, MB?
I'd delete it....or move.

A4Quattro said:
what a pile of **** they actually were in real life! awful awful cars.

Yes and think of all the money the Taxman threw at them :asskicking: