New special edition BMW's

Amchlolor

Reaction score
For those looking at BMW's, might be of interest.
Had I not managed to get a D3, the 320 M-sport special edition would have been the next move.

BMW 3 Series Edition models
The BMW 3 Series Edition ES or Edition SE models offer additional equipment worth £2,945 for just £750 over the cost of the standard model. Added equipment includes metallic paintwork including BMW Individual Carbon Black, Dakota leather upholstery and 17’’ V-spoke alloy wheels. The BMW 3 Series Edition M Sport offers extras worth £4,140 which include 18” alloy wheels, BMW Business Navigation system, Metallic paintwork, Dakota leather upholstery, Bluetooth telephone preparation and BMW ConnectedDrive service that complete the driving experience, for only £1,000.

LOL@BMW carbon black... My mate bought an X5 with this 'colour' and ordered it off the name... OOOpps! He never been happy with that car since.

Coming from BMW though its a nice option to get these extras at that price... I looked at the 3 coop and 3 cab before I got the car Ive ordered now... and they were both lovely cars. (although there was no space in the boot for anything on the cab with the roof down)

MarcQuinlivan said:
indicators as standard, or are they extra?

why do they need indicators?? They have their own lane do BMW's! Didnt you know that!! :no:

:nyah:

Cockometer5.jpg

Sorry, just couldn't help myself... :)

and its only a 7?? WTF??

EDIT>> Ok, I watched the youtube vid now! AHAHAH

Their ****-o-meter doesn't apply to all BMW's.
They raced a bog standard 330D in an endurance race, called it an "amazing little car" and called it the most impressive stunt they'd done to date.
So they reckon the M3 makes you look a ****?
So what?
M3/ RS4, whatever.
All **** mobiles, if you ask me.

"I've got an RS4...I want you to think I'm a restrained character, wanting to go about his business quickly, without looking like I do. In reality, I enjoy the fact people think it's an ordinary A4, then I go flying past them, sounding like an ME109 in a dive"

Co-oo-oooo-ck!:moa:

at the end of the day, the road is full of *****. All sorts in fact, young *****/old *****/female *****, and basically anyone else that doesnt match the driving opinion of said person voicing the '****' word! :asskicking:

They do have indicators, its just they dont work... honest. Proof:

BMW.JPG

bowfer said:
Their ****-o-meter doesn't apply to all BMW's.
They raced a bog standard 330D in an endurance race, called it an "amazing little car" and called it the most impressive stunt they'd done to date.
So they reckon the M3 makes you look a ****?
So what?
M3/ RS4, whatever.
All **** mobiles, if you ask me.

"I've got an RS4...I want you to think I'm a restrained character, wanting to go about his business quickly, without looking like I do. In reality, I enjoy the fact people think it's an ordinary A4, then I go flying past them, sounding like an ME109 in a dive"

Co-oo-oooo-ck!:moa:

I don't reckon a M3 or an RS4 driver is a ****. I reckon its a person with alot of money and good taste :respekt:

Went into a Beamer dealership on Saturday to have a look at the M3 in the flesh and I wasn't at all inmpressed with it to tell you the truth.

BMW's image is rubbish, the majority of people that buy them dont know Sh*t about cars , the sales stuff are up there own back sides, I mean check this out, Before they would let my Bussiness Partner drive a £35K 645i they wanted to get him credit checked and semi commited to buying it! I said to him "is that how you sell cars?" he replied with "I dont need to sell cars sir, people buy cars from us without even seeing it". F me I thought.

Oh by the way the 3 series saloon was the number one selling saloon of 2007 again.

And you may say thats the reason why one would get a Alpina! Trouble is when they get asked by the husband of there wifes best friend next time they are at Dinner party "I see you got a Beamer 3 Series now?" there reply would be "oh no its not a Beamer its a Apline!"

I never had any trouble test driving cars from Audi or BMW and have never needed credit checking for it.

Maybe we just looked like thugs on that day, cant remember what I was wearing :)

I guess it might have something to do with you and your than anything else. I've never had any problems with my local BMW dealr or merc for that matter. The only one that has messed me about was Audi.

I never make the effort to look smart when I go for a test drive. I wear jeans, t-shirt and cat boots to work and there's no way I'd make more of an effort to test drive a car.

As for having a credit check done on him before they would let him drive a 645. God knows. Did he mention he had been bankrupt in the past or something?

J.

A3_3.2_S-Line said:
BMW's image is rubbish, the majority of people that buy them dont know Sh*t about cars

The same could b e said about every make of car though? Or do you think everyone that owns an audi is a car enthusiast?

I'm sorry but in my very recent experience of everything BMW they make nothing more than average products nowadays. The new M3 is the stand-out of the range and will sell well but only until the RS5 appears (same applies to the M6). The new X5 is a nice looking thing but the image associated with the car is awful (footballers wives).
Their design philosophy is just bizarre to me. They used to make really solid 'german looking' cars but not anymore. The new 3 series looks more like a lexus than a lexus. Not to mention it now out-sells the Ford Mondeo which is a better car anyway. All exclusivity about the brand has gone. The Z4's are based on late 90's 3 series technology and don't even get me started on the train wreck that is the 1 series coupe. Christ almighty. The head of design at BMW needs the sack ASAP before things get any worse.
Things don't get any better when you actually try and buy one. Arrogant, unhelpful and patronising staff to say the least in my experience (i only went for a test drive to see how the 3 series matched up to the equivelant audi).

Don't get me wrong, Audi seem to be going for the bling factor more and more these days and the sort of crowd the brand will attract will no doubt be damaging to it but thats business i guess! My point is, there is no doubt in my mind whatsover that Audi make by FAR the superior product, both design and image wise. Only my personal opinion obviously!

Oh no PNH80!!! You cant possibly be saying that sort of thing on an Audi forum, it automatically means you are biased towards the brand and dont really know what you are talking about :no:

PNH80 said:
Not to mention it now out-sells the Ford Mondeo which is a better car anyway.

Seriously ugly piece of s&*7e though,

Some bloke got one in our office, won't fit in our underground parking spaces, which is the place he should park it as its dark down there and it would save the rest of us the pain of looking at it

bacardi said:
Seriously ugly piece of s&*7e though,

Some bloke got one in our office, won't fit in our underground parking spaces, which is the place he should park it as its dark down there and it would save the rest of us the pain of looking at it

Yes i'll give you that one, the mondeo does look like the designers raided the parts bin from 30 different manufacturers.
Either way, there's no doubt beamers are good cars. Just depends if the car as a package suits you and your lifestyle. Personally i'd rather have a C-class sport or the new A4 s-line than a 3-series. Horses for coarses though isn't it.

Paul.

Hmmm, first 15% off pull models like the 3 series coupe, then thousands of pounds worth of equipment thrown in for free.

More proof, if it be needed, that BMW is turning into the Ford of the motor industry...

I wouldn't mind driving an M3 or RS4 and being called **** driver... See if I care!!! But I am more inclined to AMG power... now... that's is **** driving!!! lololol

Each one to its own...

Pedro

PNH80 said:
I'm sorry but in my very recent experience of everything BMW they make nothing more than average products nowadays. The new M3 is the stand-out of the range and will sell well but only until the RS5 appears (same applies to the M6). The new X5 is a nice looking thing but the image associated with the car is awful (footballers wives).
Their design philosophy is just bizarre to me. They used to make really solid 'german looking' cars but not anymore. The new 3 series looks more like a lexus than a lexus. Not to mention it now out-sells the Ford Mondeo which is a better car anyway. All exclusivity about the brand has gone. The Z4's are based on late 90's 3 series technology and don't even get me started on the train wreck that is the 1 series coupe. Christ almighty. The head of design at BMW needs the sack ASAP before things get any worse.
Things don't get any better when you actually try and buy one. Arrogant, unhelpful and patronising staff to say the least in my experience (i only went for a test drive to see how the 3 series matched up to the equivelant audi).

Don't get me wrong, Audi seem to be going for the bling factor more and more these days and the sort of crowd the brand will attract will no doubt be damaging to it but thats business i guess! My point is, there is no doubt in my mind whatsover that Audi make by FAR the superior product, both design and image wise. Only my personal opinion obviously!
What a crock of ****!
I have yet to find anything about my brand new Audi that is better than my 05 BMW which was largely designed a decade ago!

The whole point about BMW is that they are the ultimate driving machine, not the ultimate posing machine. Yes their interiors are basic and plain, but they are still (ignoring the idrive) more user friendly than Audi's.
So the Z4 is based on late 90's 3 series technology? Well it still drives better than any Audi I've ever driven (and that includes the RS4 convertible I had for a day).

I will agree that the 1 series is an ugly mother though :D

I quite like BMW's and might have bought one, but chose an Audi instead for reasons I won't bore anyone with.

But what is the point of this thread in an Audi forum? Post it in a BMW forum where someone might care.
:asskicking:

Garth_S3 said:
What a crock of ****!
I have yet to find anything about my brand new Audi that is better than my 05 BMW which was largely designed a decade ago!

The whole point about BMW is that they are the ultimate driving machine, not the ultimate posing machine. Yes their interiors are basic and plain, but they are still (ignoring the idrive) more user friendly than Audi's.
So the Z4 is based on late 90's 3 series technology? Well it still drives better than any Audi I've ever driven (and that includes the RS4 convertible I had for a day).

I will agree that the 1 series is an ugly mother though :D

Now hold on, it's not a crock of **** as you so politely put it....It's my opinion whether you agree or not. Let me clear this up. My last car before i bought my new A3 was a 325 ci and i loved it. No argument. But the time came when it was time for a new motor. I didn't want another 3-series because i have never got on with the dealers and the car itself overall just felt a little dated in my opinion.
I have never regretted swapping for the A3 for a second, better engine, more practical and just feels more solid to me. As someone who like myself has owned both, you disagree and thats cool. I respect that.
Although as for your comment regarding the Z4 being better than an RS4 is beyond me but thats another argument entirely!

consilio said:
Oh no PNH80!!! You cant possibly be saying that sort of thing on an Audi forum, it automatically means you are biased towards the brand and dont really know what you are talking about :no:

He can obviously say what you like but it would carry more weight if they guy hadn't just bought an Audi...

Es By an SE dont think much of rear windy down windows cheap carpets and seat fabrics also sport es has black headliners so seems dak inside.

I know i looked at one Se better spec ES cheap spec but looks good over the standard on paper itsw only when you look at he to in the flesh you realise its a way of selling a basic car for more money.

Still have to say BMW / Audi. BMW every time no messy cambelts and cheaper to run. My other car is a bmw.

marriedblonde said:
He can obviously say what you like but it would carry more weight if they guy hadn't just bought an Audi...

I think its called sarcasm.:yes:

Anti Audi moderators on an Audi forum... pfft.

I want a moderator that is plain biased towards Audi!!!!!

But that is only my opinion, please dont ban me for it :p

PS have to say BMW dealers arrogant try my local audi dealers something crawled up ther A&Se and died. I have always found my BMW dealers helpful polite and professional and even gone the extra miles compared to audi or VW. Sorry but audi dealers do not deserve the respect the Marque commands now adays. BMW are not german fords VW hold that titla and always will do. dont forget your roots. I like my audi it does what i want it o. I love driving my BMW it handles and stop better than any FWD audi could do with a little more power but is still as fast as my audi and is cheaper to run to boot. Sorry the my A6 is no 5 series beater though I have to say the latest 5 series is poorly built and has a cheap plasticky feel as i was looking to trade the audi last summer.

Late E39S definitely rule well made good looking and bigger engines fly. Except the v8s have slightly woolly steering.

I do like the cabin in the audi bette nice touches in lighting inside over the bmw which does seem minimalistic.

Lets be honest, you could argue which brand is overall 'the best' til you were blue in the face but the fact is there are pros and cons for both. Neither are perfect, both make world class cars and very average cars too. Some will go their whole lives hassle free, some will be complete dogs. That's cars for you.

For me, having owned both, i prefer Audi as a total package. Others obviously disagree and thats wonderful.... If one was obviously better, there'd be no discussion and i would have got a lot more work done today!

Anyway, you pay your money and take your pick. Personally i don't think you can go wrong with either brand and if you think either of them make '**** cars' you should go buy something french and then comment!

L60N said:
Anti Audi moderators on an Audi forum... pfft.

I want a moderator that is plain biased towards Audi!!!!!

But that is only my opinion, please dont ban me for it :p

Ah bless are you missing your chum?

And saying someone who has just bought an Audi isn't going to be biased hardly makes me anti Audi...

both make very good cars,they both have a good reputation and have had for many a year,BUT this aint biast,My mum now drives a 3 series convertible,im insured to drive this and when its a nice day it really is a nice car to drive,(posing machine),when it comes to the better car tho,mine feels better built and its a nicer drive,she even admits this herself but loves her own car, AUDI or BMW, its got to be the audi

I wonder if BMW forums discuss Audis as much as this forum discusses BMWs.