New Sim card for PFL

Nickyc

Reaction score
Apologies beforehand if this is a silly question but Im not that technically minded. At the moment I have a data Sim from 3 in the car which I top up when needed. Mainly for google maps. But this costs £10 for 1gb and only last 30 days. Anyway I just got a giffgaff Sim which is a lot cheaper and the data rolls over. Anyway, this has calls and texts as well as data when you top it up, can I use this in the car for the data ? Again, sorry if its a daft question.

I use a Vodafone sim in my SQ5 that includes calls and texts, as I have for the last 15 months. There is no requirement to use the calls and texts so yeah it will be fine, but I can configure the car to use the sim for calls if needed.
Costs £30 for a 6 month big value bundle which give me more than enough data so basically £5 a month.

oh, i didnt realise you could use the sim in the car for calls

oh, i didnt realise you could use the sim in the car for calls
I never had the option in my S3 as it didnt have connect, but in the SQ5 (8R) I can

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Remember this is a PFL, I could be wrong, but I'm quite sure it can't make calls.

Remember this is a PFL, I could be wrong, but I'm quite sure it can't make calls.
Yeah my S3 was pfl but like I said it didn't have connect so I dont know if it's a feature on that platform. The option is in the mmi on my SQ5 though to select bluetooth or sim for calls.
But in answer to your original question, it's totally fine to use a sim with calls and texts included, you can still manage the account online so no need for a connected phone to do this