New Shape S1

icon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Audi are going to launch a new shape S1?

I've had an S1 for 3 years (see below) and its either wait for the new shape or get one of the last from 2018. I've had a couple of Audi dealers saying there will be a new shape and another i went into saying there won't be a new shape.

Any help would be great.

Ian

IMG 6111

Reactions: NevMan
Everything I've read has said its 'unlikely' there will be another S1 based on the new shape A1

Reactions: NevMan and lfcrule1972
I read an interview with a supposedly senior person at Audi that said they wouldn't make a new S1 as the version we all own wasn't enough of a money spinner for the group. I can't find it now but if I do I will post it up

Isn't the new shape very A3 , as when I look at the old , I think Vauxhall Adam..

Does anyone know if Audi are going to launch a new shape S1?

I've had an S1 for 3 years (see below) and its either wait for the new shape or get one of the last from 2018. I've had a couple of Audi dealers saying there will be a new shape and another i went into saying there won't be a new shape.

Any help would be great.

Ian

View attachment 178698

Lovey looking S1 mate
No new S1 if this article is to be believed, but many other saying there is one. The below is from Nov18 so newer than the mid 18 ones saying there was one.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1120051_audi-s1-reportedly-not-up-for-renewal

Sorry, not much help, but I would say if there was one, unlikely to be until 2020 at least

Part of the reason why I purchased my used S1 was on the back of Audi not making a new version.. I suspect that given the new A1 is bigger? certainly looks that way, fitting quattro may not be as difficult. I was led to believe that S1 was always a bit of a skunk works, challenge for Audi, so we were lucky to get it at all..

G

Reactions: lfcrule1972 and NevMan
I've also heard rumors that a new S1/RS1 will never happen. I spoke to someone who used to work high up in Audi and still has 'connections' and he informed me that the new S1 replacement will be the A1 Competition packing 200bhp and being front wheel drive. How true this is I do not know.. but it's the most genuine piece of info I've heard regarding the S1 replacement in my opinion:)

That's inline with what Audi have been saying all along Rhys - there's always the chance they'll change their mind but it seems that they are capping the new A1 at the 200bhp mark with fwd

That's inline with what Audi have been saying all along Rhys - there's always the chance they'll change their mind but it seems that they are capping the new A1 at the 200bhp mark with fwd
If this is the case, the S1's value will rise a substantial amount I reckon, they're already extremely niche cars as it is!

Depends if Audi want to chase Mini and others, as Cooper S around 200, and JCW 232bhp

If this is the case, the S1's value will rise a substantial amount I reckon, they're already extremely niche cars as it is!

I hope that is the case, part of the reason I got mine was the exclusive colour and founding out it had £9.5k worth of factory extras, so if it retains it's value I will be happy, however feel this car is a bit of a keeper.. :)

Just my own opinion but I dont know what Audi are thinking on the new A1 series. Had one as a courtesy car a few weeks ago. The previous model is so much better looking IMHO.

Reactions: Gio G and NevMan
Just my own opinion but I dont know what Audi are thinking on the new A1 series. Had one as a courtesy car a few weeks ago. The previous model is so much better looking IMHO.

Probably similar thinking to chucking Diesel engines in S4/5/6/7, and touch screen only everywhere

Current cars across the range probably keepers for many, especially S and RS models, and will hold values IMHO

Probably similar thinking to chucking Diesel engines in S4/5/6/7, and touch screen only everywhere

Current cars across the range probably keepers for many, especially S and RS models, and will hold values IMHO

Audi's missing a trick on that one as well. Both Merc and BMW have touch as well as the a physical wheel or touch pad. Audi aren't giving folk a second option. Touch or nothing.

I had an e-Tron for the day, a few weeks back, by the time I handed back, I could see the controls for all the finger prints :)

Audi's missing a trick on that one as well. Both Merc and BMW have touch as well as the a physical wheel or touch pad. Audi aren't giving folk a second option. Touch or nothing.

Absolutely. Why not give option of using touch or wheel.