New series of Topgear.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
For those of you that's interested, and I know most of you are. The New series of Topgear starts tonight on BBC2 @8PM!

Doesn't matter if you're a Chris Evans fan or not?, it doesn't matter that it's no longer fronted by Clarkson and co.... all that matters is, it's ****** entertainment for an hour between 8-9pm on a Sunday evening! :)

You'll all watch it anyways, as you want to know if it's anygood? lol :D

Reactions: Sandra
Yeh part of me says don't bover & that little devil sitting on my shoulder is saying go on you know you want to.

I will watch, see how it goes. :)

Thought it was good.
Not half as bad as I expected from the media negativity.
I will still watch it even if it were bobbins to be fair though.

Reactions: Scottyg
Mixed bag here also, it was ok, but both presenters gave me the idea their car knowledge is really limited. Watchable though...

Reactions: Scottyg
I thought it wasn't too bad, particularly being first episode and they're still finding their feet.

Not sure why they did the Reliant thing again though, that was never going to be as funny as the original.

That program could have been done by the old team of presenters, they haven't changed anything really. Those two cars chasing each other around trying to shoot each other was fairly lame, better if they had real 50 cal machine guns on the roof.
Star in the reasonably price car was different, I would expect that there will be a few more accidents going off road.
I can't believe they didn't tip one of the Reliants over, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some kind of outcry over Matt Le Blanc deliberately crashing into the back of Chris Evans in the middle of London.
Extra gear is here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/exxhn3/live/c29rbp

Reactions: CHEZ
I ve been in the front of the telly waiting as a kid waits for Santa ...and I have a few things to say:) first thing: Chris is like shouting all time I know he s a radio star but even so...On the other hand Matt s cool just he s kind of too serious some times like probably he s trying to get lost of 'Joey' maybe it s just me as a fan of Friends. Altogether looks like bbc infused lots of money in extravagant things just to make it work...I know I m just moaning now..therefore I m giving them credit as is not easy to replace Clarkson and Co. As an car enthusiast I really care about cars.. And then about who s hosting..time will tell. Adi

Much prefer Chris Harris's review of the Nomad on Extra Gear. I think they should swap the 2 chris's he would make a much better presenter.

Reactions: kash_v, Alex C, IRONy_MAN and 1 other person
Not watched all of the show yet but just watched the Extra Gear from the link. I actually liked that. Banter, a bit of fun and behind the scenes stuff. Presenters were better also. Matt Le Blanc hasn't done live presenting before, has he? Will take him a while to get use to things. Jury's out!

Ok, just watched the extra gear show, and it's so much better than the main show! Chris Harris reviewing a car whilst flying around the topgear track pretty much sideways is good entertainment!

Reactions: 45bvtc
I agree, and he tells you a lot more about the cars specs and tech. A proper car nut who makes a car review a lot more interesting than Matt Le Blanc ever could.

I thought it was OK to be honest, they have some big/popular shoes to fill...give them time.

Reactions: CHEZ and SteveMcB
Some parts were good, certainly room for improvement when they find their feet.
Its a shame they kept the old format though.

I find it cringy all the way through.
Chris Evans is just AWFUL, I have no idea how he is where he is.
Feel sorry for Matt.

It was so rehearsed and they changed nothing, literally trying to fill shoes. Should have totally remodelled the show

Reactions: Daveotto, Alex C and GMballistic
I'll not be watching a repeat of that! Over the years we've surprised ourselves (RS3copilot and myself) how often we can watch a repeat of an 'original' Top Gear program (Dave) and often comment of the fact that we've watched and laughed all over again; but it'll not happen here... :sadlike:

I too though Chris Evans poor, way too loud and amateurish; and Leblanc way out of his depth, typically American; if it was a Friends participant Evans was after then why didn't he chose Jennifer Aniston, at least she'd have looked good while being naff.

As for Evans keeping up with Sabine, really? Even on a runway, really... :sadlike:

Reactions: Alex C
I find it cringy all the way through.
Chris Evans is just AWFUL, I have no idea how he is where he is.
Feel sorry for Matt.

It was so rehearsed and they changed nothing, literally trying to fill shoes. Should have totally remodelled the show

Yep totally agree with that.
Can't stand Chris Evans and won't be watching the new Top Gear with him shouting at us the entire way through the series.

Top Gear died when Clarkson left and the BBC should have just let it go or start a fresh with a totally new show (without Evans though).

It just felt really forced, there wasn't the chemistry of Clarkson and co, i will keep watching anyways though. It may get better, still early days! Going to check out extra gear later, heard a lot of positive buzz about that.

I preferred old Top Gear, but I'll probably watch it anyway and hope Evans stops shouting.
Extra Gear was better in some ways, although BBC3 being online now is a pain.

Was it me or was the editing and cinematography a bit sub standard in comparison to "old" Top Gear?

Watched some "old" episodes from the very last Clarkson/Hammond/May series stored on my Sky box and it does appear so.

The Extra Gear episode with Chris Harris was promising though.....

Reactions: h1r4
Was it me or was the editing and cinematography a bit sub standard in comparison to "old" Top Gear?

Watched some "old" episodes from the very last Clarkson/Hammond/May series stored on my Sky box and it does appear so.

The Extra Gear episode with Chris Harris was promising though.....

Probably ran short of cash after paying Chris "Tw*t" Evans his massive salary so couldn't afford the decent editing equipment or staff. Lol. :D

Reactions: Pulp84
It was absolutely dreadful! Chris was trying way too hard (and failing!) and Matt was wooden! I don't know what they were thinking with Matt as he was the worst guest ever on old Top Gear! He has the personality of a fish with a monotone voice!

Whole thing was awful, the thought of watching Extra Gear made me feel suicidal but seems I might have missed the better program ( bit like Britains got more talent bring better and funnier then the main event).

Will give the show one more go next week as I am thinking about a Macan as my next purchase but expect the review to be sub standard unlike the car.

I watched extra gear the other evening, now that's how it should be done, shame it's so short.
Chris Harris is just a great motoring journo, I love his videos, always have.
Rory Reid, no idea who he is, but he has some natural talent for presenting and I think is a great partner for Harris.
I will probably keep up with extra gear as opposed to top gear, especially as I see Eddie Jordan on the next episode...... Which one would I **** on if they were both on fire, Chris E or Eddie, now that is one difficult question

Reactions: Daveotto
Whole thing was awful, the thought of watching Extra Gear made me feel suicidal but seems I might have missed the better program ( bit like Britains got more talent bring better and funnier then the main event).

Will give the show one more go next week as I am thinking about a Macan as my next purchase but expect the review to be sub standard unlike the car.
Stay tuned for extra gear I'm sure Harris will give a great review of it

Reactions: James_TDi and Daveotto
I watched extra gear the other evening, now that's how it should be done, shame it's so short.
Chris Harris is just a great motoring journo, I love his videos, always have.
Rory Reid, no idea who he is, but he has some natural talent for presenting and I think is a great partner for Harris.
I will probably keep up with extra gear as opposed to top gear, especially as I see Eddie Jordan on the next episode...... Which one would I **** on if they were both on fire, Chris E or Eddie, now that is one difficult question

Chris

A reminder that Flop Gear is on again tonight! :D

Of course there's always Soccer Aid on ITV which should be more entertaining... I'll probably watch that instead, then BBC iPlayer Topgear/Extra gear later on! :)

For those of you that's interested, and I know most of you are. The New series of Topgear starts tonight on BBC2 @8PM!

Doesn't matter if you're a Chris Evans fan or not?, it doesn't matter that it's no longer fronted by Clarkson and co.... all that matters is, it's ****** entertainment for an hour between 8-9pm on a Sunday evening! :)

You'll all watch it anyways, as you want to know if it's anygood? lol :D

Sounds like you work for the bbc lol

You know what? I really enjoy this episode. Adi

Reactions: James_TDi and CHEZ
It was better than last week, although I still thought some of Extra Gear was better.
Think they mentioned Rory Reid and Chris Harris would be on Top Gear next week so that should be good.

Reactions: ChrisG.
Enjoyed Jenson Button And the McLaren, but found the rest a bit bland.

Reactions: James_TDi