New Scottish Meet Ideas

A4Andy

Quattro-tastic. Not half.
Reaction score
Ok men, and ladies if there are any (How you do'in? :) ), it's time for another Scottish meet.

The last trip had a small turnout but was excellent I thought. For those not in the know we went to the Famous Grouse Experience just outside Crieff. Following a distillery tour and dinner (thanks again Rev-head :icon_thumright: ) we had a blast across to Crail.

I was thinking about perhaps a breakfast run might be an idea. Pistonheads is just one of the communities that does this kind of thing and they've proven to be popular. Basically you get up early :lazy: , drive to a various meeting points and convey in small packets to a destination. Once arrived you have breakfast and decide what you want to do from there.

Now I realise it's coming up to Christmas and the majority of you will have commitments, but I think a mid-January meet would be a shout. Plenty of cold air and if we stick to the east coast it should be dry enough. :racer:

Thoughts or counter-thoughts welcome. :meeting:

What about a central meet maybe just around Glasgow. We could take a trip round Faslane Naval base. Loads of good roads there.

I have access to Vag-Com now so anything you's want sorted or activated could be tried.

Up for this breakfast sounds good or blast round faslane ............will take S4(to keep Andy happy) but need to reset Airbag in the A4 maybe need to catch up Beerzo another time

Well a centralbelt mini-meet is doable at reasonably short notice I would have thought.

Even a Stirling meet would be fairly central for everyone if we want to have a VAG.com party. :wacko:

With regards a breakfast run, Spittal of Glenshee. The Glenshee to Braemar road is amazing too, although at this time of year it might be a bit tasty.

From Braemar to Granton on Spey and the over to the A9 and our seperate ways would be a good; I've done it before. The road over the top of the Lecht is superb too, twistie but with good visibility going up and coming down. Could be a good shout for a photoshoot for those inclined...

So, central minimeet sooner rather than later and a bit of an epic in Jan-Feb?

Yeah sounds good to me.

What about the first or second sunday of December for the mini-central meet.

The 10th or 17th is better for me. Should we create a seperate thread for the central mini-meet?

Yeah probs best to do that. Save somone turning up to somewhere on the wrong day.

Rev-head said:
Up for this breakfast sounds good or blast round faslane ............will take S4(to keep Andy happy) but need to reset Airbag in the A4 maybe need to catch up Beerzo another time

Am having the same problem have a warning light on my airbag , so might need to speak nicely to beerzo:beerchug:

Am up for the meet , fingers crossed we get a bigger turn out ,

So, we can to do mid Jan if anyone fancies, since there will apparently be a central mini-meet in Dec.....

Anymore thoughts on this?

I can post up a proposed route complete with ideas for breakfast and timings, but I'd like engagement from everyone that's interested.

My prefered route is northh from Perth, a nice central spot at which to meet, to Glenshee (breakfast) and then onwards to Braemar etc. Depending on mood and responsiblities we could head up over the Lecht or turn off for Aberdeen.

Hi there, i would be up for the mid jan meet...keep me posted......

p.s im from ayshire so something central would be great...cheers.