New S7 owner

billgatese30

Reaction score
Hi all

New S7 owner here (previously had a pre-facelift A7 BiTDI). I'm tempted with a Milltek for it to make the most of the V8 sound, but I can't seem to find any decent opinions either here, or on the wider web about if the non-resonator has much drone at motorway speeds (50-80 mph)? Does anyone have any experience of having one of these fitted currently to their S6/S7?

Thanks.

No milltek here, but what I have done is had the original exhaust modified as follows:
Front resonators removed and replaced with straight pipe.
Centre suitcase box removed and replaced with an x-pipe crossover.
Rear mufflers replaced with hi-flow sports boxes, and twin carbon tips fitted.
All mods in stainless steel. Total cost about £700.00 ( a few years ago mind)
I left the OEM Cats in place. No drone.
The twin turbos up front pretty much mute the V8 sound, though if you replace the downpipes (with or without high flow Cats) your neighbours will hate you if you drive to work early in the morning :racer:

Reactions: billgatese30
No milltek here, but what I have done is had the original exhaust modified as follows:
Front resonators removed and replaced with straight pipe.
Centre suitcase box removed and replaced with an x-pipe crossover.
Rear mufflers replaced with hi-flow sports boxes, and twin carbon tips fitted.
All mods in stainless steel. Total cost about £700.00 ( a few years ago mind)
I left the OEM Cats in place. No drone.
The twin turbos up front pretty much mute the V8 sound, though if you replace the downpipes (with or without high flow Cats) your neighbours will hate you if you drive to work early in the morning :racer:
Thanks for the reply. Nice to hear that removing the resonator and centre section can result in no drone. I've no plans on replacing the cat/downpipes thankfully, was just looking to release a little more of that v8 noise when under full throttle without going back to my teenage days of being deafened when sitting on the motorway.

Reactions: RAF_S7