New S5 White or Red

Reaction score
Guys,

I am thinking of ordering a new S5 sportback but I am torn between Ibis white or Tango red. I am planning to carry out my own black edition conversation on the car. Both colours are a good contrast for black..

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Tough call!

White with black pack always looks good on paper.
Having seen both in the flesh, I prefer Tango Red - the white doesn't suit the shape/lines of the Sportback as well IMO. The red does.

All you can do is find a couple of cars in these colours and pop down to the dealer to take a look. Photos never do them justice.

Reactions: AJ Jacob
Guys,

I am thinking of ordering a new S5 sportback but I am torn between Ibis white or Tango red. I am planning to carry out my own black edition conversation on the car. Both colours are a good contrast for black..

Any suggestions?

I'd vote Tango Red if going down the black edition route.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think white if your going to black edition it.

I would personally prefer Red as Ibis is not white enough (I might be biased in my view though).
There is a forum member @orcomma Tofana white A5 Cabrio. TBH, I quite liked the colour. I'd suggest you have a look at his thread too.

Reactions: AJ Jacob and orcomma
I would personally prefer Red as Ibis is not white enough (I might be biased in my view though).
There is a forum member @orcomma Tofana white A5 Cabrio. TBH, I quite liked the colour. I'd suggest you have a look at his thread too.

Did I hear my name haha

+1 for Tofana white crystal-effect, but it's cabrio-only at the moment according to the price list :)

Here it is in the sun

20170526 140448
20170526 143156

Reactions: AJ Jacob and V6_Man
I took this picture of a glacier white B8 next to mine at the dealership when I went back to have my rear reg plate put on straight (they put it on wonky when I picked it up) for comparison. I like both actually

Tofana vs glacier

Reactions: mister.c., AJ Jacob and V6_Man
White for the look and also for keeping it looking good!

I love the red, but it shows swirls etc more, plus you see the colour change between bumpers-car easier.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, orcomma and AJ Jacob
How are you planning to "black edition" the car? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, just weighing up the different methods

Prefer the white, without BE (not a BE fan, and picture above proves it from my opinion)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are you planning to "black edition" the car? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, just weighing up the different methods

Ether plasti dip or wrapping it.

Thanks guy, Hmm I think I equally like both colours but red with black does have a very aggressive look to it. I have owned white and red cars before

Reactions: Lawrence7
white & black pack looks cool !

Better still ......... go floret silver which looks amazing with black pack :yum:

Reactions: V6_Man
If you're going for a white car I would suggest to not over do it with black, my last car was a crystal white with black diamond cut wheels and tinted windows and that set off the white brilliantly I wouldn't have bought it if it came with the standard wheels however I am not a fan of some of the DIY BE I have seen done on the a/s5 so far especially those that black out the Audi rings on the grille and it's generally overdone.

Giou5PC.jpg

VcqIch7.jpg

BE I have seen done on the a/s5 so far especially those that black out the Audi rings on the grille and it's generally overdone.

+1 ^^ @sparky86

[photo=medium]8313[/photo]

[photo=medium]8315[/photo]

[photo=medium]8316[/photo]

[photo=medium]8314[/photo]

Reactions: orcomma
White for the look and also for keeping it looking good!

I love the red, but it shows swirls etc more, plus you see the colour change between bumpers-car easier.
@AJ Jacob - Ibis white for the reasons @S32B gives
+ if you go the ibis white route you'll have more pennies to spend on other toys on your new S5 ;) :D

Cheers Guys for the feedback... :)

Random question anyone manage to fit a baby seat at the back of the S5 sportback and also fit two adults? Is this comfortable?