New S5 Sportback...getting ready to press the button...

So an update on registering the car ahead of delivery and it's a no no. Apparently the risk is too high if something goes pear-shaped, but worth asking the question. I guess other dealerships might take the risk but mine won't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So finally got the youraudi thing to work and double checked my spec. Everything seems fine but no mention of my magma red seats, should I be worried?

As above....when you car leaves the factory the VIN is allocated to the order sheet on the dealers computer system. The dealer can then actually register the car before it arrives using this info, but they are VERY reluctant to do this in case anything goes wrong in transport as the dealers liability is then insured under that registration plate until handover to the customer. Also, another point regarding the new VED, Read your lease order small print as it will say that you will be solely liable for any increases in taxation, so if you are unlucky enough to get delivery and registration after 1st April, but have already agreed payments with pre new VED rates, then expect an increased deposit payment or a nice fat invoice for the additional cost incurred by the lease company.

Thanks although I'm not leasing the car I'm buying it

Ok, enjoy. It is handy living next door the VW/Audi group UK finance manager......you can find out all sorts of useful info. :yes:

So finally got the youraudi thing to work and double checked my spec. Everything seems fine but no mention of my magma red seats, should I be worried?

No, don't worry. They do not show on the order & tracker other than 'fine nappa leather' only the actual car colour does, but if you ordered red they will be red.

Reactions: Joetidman
No, don't worry. They do not show on the order & tracker other than 'fine nappa leather' only the actual car colour does, but if you ordered red they will be red.

*Phew* thanks

Love this

Reactions: IJB1959
I read that you can make the dynamic exhaust sound permanent by easily swapping a couple of wires over.....Anyone else heard or know how to do this?

Reactions: subie55
Cool video, shows the car is pretty controllable in the ice and snow even with a heavy foot!

Reactions: Buck and IJB1959
Great 360 look round the cabin whilst he whittles on

Reactions: IJB1959
Quite a good one that. Here is another new and very in depth review and covers EVERYTHING but it is in German!! It is also an hour and a half long!!

Love the self parking bit at the end.

Sooooo, is it bad that I'm dreaming about the new S5 now...?

Hahahahaha, yeah basically like that

Then I suggest you seek professional help :p

Only joking I remember when I ordered mine. Hourly checks on the build status....

Well, by seeing this you would be really excited..........yes???

Delivery

NO.......it's not at the dealer yet, it has only just left ****** Grimsby. Don't be fooled by the Tracker.

Reactions: Faisal_s5
Well having been told my car was still at status 20 on Monday, I noticed the tracker telling me it had left the factory yesterday. A quick chat on Audi CS and chap confirmed that yes it has left!! Hurrah. Now how long do I have to wait to get my grubby mitts on it?

36c7fd53f25a8f984f8cd6d0ae138d86.jpg

Finally! It's nearly here

Reactions: Buck
great news, hopefully you will have it soon. Frustratingly mine doesn't start being built until May, despite being ordered same day as yours. I posted a video on the Nav blue thread showing a Nav blue sportback, got me all excited for mine again!

So I went to the dealer today and took out an S5 coupe (although looking to buy the sportback). First time out in it and I was impressed. The sound in dynamic mode is much more noisy and interesting that in the S3. It's often got a higher pitch under hard acceleration, which sounds much more sports like. I do hope its the same in the sportback as it is in the coupe (anyone know?). The gearbox feels much like my stronic which is reassuring, but perhaps a little smoother at low speeds. Interior is amazing, as is the virtual cockpit. Seats were great, although still not as much side bolstering as I would like. It's about the same as my SS Seats in the S3. A bit hard to judge the ride as i don't think the car had adaptive suspension, so I guess it can only get better. It was firm but not crashy. Hard to judge on absolute pace vs my S3. there probably wasn't much in it, but I'd need a longer run to be sure. It did feel like it had more go at higher speeds (there goes my licence!). Steering was a little different than I expected. It didn't have dynamic steering (which I'm used too) and I found myself putting on too little lock on tight turns. It's made me reconsider putting in on the list. Size-wise the boot is much bigger and more useful than my saloon, and the rear space is definitely better for the kids.

What I now need to decide on is whether I can make the sums add up. My S3 is still under 3 years on a 4 year deal so it's not making me much equity at all, so I'm going to have to throw in a fair bit of cash to get the payments where I want them. Audi are trying to sell me nearly £2K worth of insurance and SMART products, which I'm pretty sure I'll tell them to shove it and take them all off.

Any thoughts from anyone else on whether they are getting the smart products on theirs? I got the works on my S3, and honestly I don't think I've got my money's worth. When you add in the excess each time, and all the restrictions on what you can claim its a pain. Also I just can't tell that I had anything added to the paint of leather. They still picked up all the normal chips and scratches regardless. I'll welcome views however

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice Write up, I am thinking of going for S5 or S7 (S5 is the preference due to facelift). I have a S3 and I am staring find it a bit cramped for space. Was there much difference in interior space from the s3 to s5?

I would say so, in the front it didn't feel massively different but the rear seats have a lot more leg room, and it feels a more grown up car all round

more space in s5 than s3 in the back seat (well, coming from a Seat Leon which is basically the same as an S3), the boot space is where it is a fair amount bigger though.

Yay, picking car up on Monday!! Timing is down to the wire as my current insurance on the S3 finishes on the Monday night! Makes life easier as I can just cancel one and start another without faffing with insurers. Have to sort out the finance on Friday then pick up 10:30am Monday, can't wait

Reactions: thefunkygibbon, Buck and AJ Jacob
So I popped into the dealership today to sort the finance and I couldn't resist hunting down the S5 in the car park and taking a look. It will can cleaned and paintwork treated tomorrow and I'll pick up Monday morning. I will send better photos and a full review once I've got my mitts on it and it's all cleaned and perfect

db9ec333de8a5b1c63feac7bc82b2f59.jpg

e3778403060dd5f04b268d04b7aa58c3.jpg

Looks superb! Can't wait to see more pictures on Monday. Red calipers look cool, beginning to wish I had specked them.

This must feel like the longest Easter weekend ever..!

Loving that Joe! Looks very class.

Looks superb! Can't wait to see more pictures on Monday. Red calipers look cool, beginning to wish I had specked them.

This must feel like the longest Easter weekend ever..!

Definitely, I almost wish I hadn't found it, because I just want it on the drive now lol

Only one more sleep

Reactions: Ridders71
#bigkid

And why not?!

Enjoy tomorrow (and every day after!)

Thanks, I'm sat in dealership now, waiting on the big reveal!

First few pics

1d27f1030125513bde87cdda35b0a6e4.jpg

551aaf407fffd7d60170fedf2f9964ba.jpg
4807f4b52c6df7e74728b30795f4f97c.jpg
54b8cc9db5341212e31c37f4836694f6.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Milnesafc and A4B9
It's freaking awesome!! More 'mature' if there is such a thing than the S3. The auto box makes it smoother at times, the comfort setting is actually more 'comfortable' for once, and it's more refined in terms of road-tyre noise than the S3. Interesting the dealer said no real run-in special behaviour, just drive as normal. He says the Audi don't give them any special instructions for their demo cars, they go straight into Dynamic and get booted from day 1 lol! I am still going to take it easy for the first 1000 miles though to be honest and try and keep it below 4K revs, and leave gearbox in drive, just to be sure, but equally not going to baby it, or panic if the revs do rise too much by accident. Love the look of it, it's both a sleeper, but also stands out if you know what I mean. Options I love already include the adaptive suspension, and the steering which is better than before I'd say. Still lots to play so will update again soon...

Reactions: AJ Jacob and Buck
Have managed to charge my iPhone 7plus wirelessly with the Audi phone box using the wireless adapter thing on my iPhone which is great and a relief having bought the phone box not knowing for sure whether it would work! Only challenge is that I think I need to plug the phone into the USB to get applecar play to work, which if so kind of defeats the object lol

Noticed that under certain conditions the box is going into coast mode in individual setting (only did that in eco in my S3). I hope it's not a fault but something i can switch off

It's freaking awesome!! More 'mature' if there is such a thing than the S3. The auto box makes it smoother at times, the comfort setting is actually more 'comfortable' for once, and it's more refined in terms of road-tyre noise than the S3. Interesting the dealer said no real run-in special behaviour, just drive as normal. He says the Audi don't give them any special instructions for their demo cars, they go straight into Dynamic and get booted from day 1 lol! I am still going to take it easy for the first 1000 miles though to be honest and try and keep it below 4K revs, and leave gearbox in drive, just to be sure, but equally not going to baby it, or panic if the revs do rise too much by accident. Love the look of it, it's both a sleeper, but also stands out if you know what I mean. Options I love already include the adaptive suspension, and the steering which is better than before I'd say. Still lots to play so will update again soon...

Congrats looks awesome!!

How is the rear seating space compared to the s3?

Much better, kids have far more leg room than before even with my low and seat back driving position! Wife prefers it to the S3!

Looks fantastic. I am sooooo jealous I still have weeks to wait for mine. Pleased I stuck with navarrra blue, I think it's a great colour. Did you have the dealer do any detailing?
Are you finding mich difference in the settings for the adaptive dampers?