1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

New S5 Sportback...getting ready to press the button...

Joetidman Jan 21, 2017

1. Joetidman

Joetidman Registered User

So an update on registering the car ahead of delivery and it's a no no. Apparently the risk is too high if something goes pear-shaped, but worth asking the question. I guess other dealerships might take the risk but mine won't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Joetidman

So finally got the youraudi thing to work and double checked my spec. Everything seems fine but no mention of my magma red seats, should I be worried?

4. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

As above....when you car leaves the factory the VIN is allocated to the order sheet on the dealers computer system. The dealer can then actually register the car before it arrives using this info, but they are VERY reluctant to do this in case anything goes wrong in transport as the dealers liability is then insured under that registration plate until handover to the customer. Also, another point regarding the new VED, Read your lease order small print as it will say that you will be solely liable for any increases in taxation, so if you are unlucky enough to get delivery and registration after 1st April, but have already agreed payments with pre new VED rates, then expect an increased deposit payment or a nice fat invoice for the additional cost incurred by the lease company.

5. Joetidman

Thanks although I'm not leasing the car I'm buying it

6. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

Ok, enjoy. It is handy living next door the VW/Audi group UK finance manager......you can find out all sorts of useful info. :yes:

7. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

No, don't worry. They do not show on the order & tracker other than 'fine nappa leather' only the actual car colour does, but if you ordered red they will be red.

Joetidman likes this.
  8. Joetidman

*Phew* thanks

9. Joetidman

Love this

IJB1959 likes this.
  10. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

I read that you can make the dynamic exhaust sound permanent by easily swapping a couple of wires over.....Anyone else heard or know how to do this?

subie55 likes this.
  11. Joetidman

Some interesting technical details I found in here https://www.netcarshow.com/audi/2017-s5_coupe/. A few highlights include the brake disc size (350mm), and the 40/60 torque split front to rear on the torsen AWD.

IJB1959 likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Joetidman

Cool video, shows the car is pretty controllable in the ice and snow even with a heavy foot!

Buck and IJB1959 like this.
  14. Joetidman

Great 360 look round the cabin whilst he whittles on

IJB1959 likes this.
  15. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

Quite a good one that. Here is another new and very in depth review and covers EVERYTHING but it is in German!! It is also an hour and a half long!!

Love the self parking bit at the end.

Joetidman likes this.
  16. Joetidman

Sooooo, is it bad that I'm dreaming about the new S5 now...?

17. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Registered User

Depends what the dreams were like mate....

18. Joetidman

Hahahahaha, yeah basically like that

19. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Registered User

Then I suggest you seek professional help :p

Only joking I remember when I ordered mine. Hourly checks on the build status....

Joetidman likes this.
  20. IJB1959

IJB1959 Registered User

Well, by seeing this you would be really excited..........yes???

delivery.png
    NO.......it's not at the dealer yet, it has only just left ****** Grimsby. Don't be fooled by the Tracker.

Faisal_s5 likes this.
  21. Joetidman

Well having been told my car was still at status 20 on Monday, I noticed the tracker telling me it had left the factory yesterday. A quick chat on Audi CS and chap confirmed that yes it has left!! Hurrah. Now how long do I have to wait to get my grubby mitts on it?

22. Joetidman

[​IMG]

Finally! It's nearly here

Buck likes this.
  23. Ridders71

Ridders71 Registered User

great news, hopefully you will have it soon. Frustratingly mine doesn't start being built until May, despite being ordered same day as yours. I posted a video on the Nav blue thread showing a Nav blue sportback, got me all excited for mine again!

Joetidman likes this.
  24. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Nice Write up, I am thinking of going for S5 or S7 (S5 is the preference due to facelift). I have a S3 and I am staring find it a bit cramped for space. Was there much difference in interior space from the s3 to s5?

25. Joetidman

I would say so, in the front it didn't feel massively different but the rear seats have a lot more leg room, and it feels a more grown up car all round

26. thefunkygibbon

thefunkygibbon Registered User

more space in s5 than s3 in the back seat (well, coming from a Seat Leon which is basically the same as an S3), the boot space is where it is a fair amount bigger though.

27. Joetidman

Yay, picking car up on Monday!! Timing is down to the wire as my current insurance on the S3 finishes on the Monday night! Makes life easier as I can just cancel one and start another without faffing with insurers. Have to sort out the finance on Friday then pick up 10:30am Monday, can't wait

thefunkygibbon, Buck and AJ Jacob like this.
  28. Joetidman

So I popped into the dealership today to sort the finance and I couldn't resist hunting down the S5 in the car park and taking a look. It will can cleaned and paintwork treated tomorrow and I'll pick up Monday morning. I will send better photos and a full review once I've got my mitts on it and it's all cleaned and perfect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Ridders71

Looks superb! Can't wait to see more pictures on Monday. Red calipers look cool, beginning to wish I had specked them.

This must feel like the longest Easter weekend ever..!

Joetidman likes this.
  30. Buck

Buck Registered User

Loving that Joe! Looks very class.

Joetidman likes this.
  31. Joetidman

Definitely, I almost wish I hadn't found it, because I just want it on the drive now lol

32. Joetidman

Only one more sleep

Ridders71 likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Buck

Buck Registered User

#bigkid

And why not?!

Enjoy tomorrow (and every day after!)

Joetidman likes this.
  35. Ridders71

Enjoy today! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and hopefully seeing some pictures

36. Joetidman

Thanks, I'm sat in dealership now, waiting on the big reveal!

37. Joetidman

First few pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bristle Hound, Milnesafc and A4B9 like this.
  38. Joetidman

It's freaking awesome!! More 'mature' if there is such a thing than the S3. The auto box makes it smoother at times, the comfort setting is actually more 'comfortable' for once, and it's more refined in terms of road-tyre noise than the S3. Interesting the dealer said no real run-in special behaviour, just drive as normal. He says the Audi don't give them any special instructions for their demo cars, they go straight into Dynamic and get booted from day 1 lol! I am still going to take it easy for the first 1000 miles though to be honest and try and keep it below 4K revs, and leave gearbox in drive, just to be sure, but equally not going to baby it, or panic if the revs do rise too much by accident. Love the look of it, it's both a sleeper, but also stands out if you know what I mean. Options I love already include the adaptive suspension, and the steering which is better than before I'd say. Still lots to play so will update again soon...

AJ Jacob and Buck like this.
  39. Joetidman

Have managed to charge my iPhone 7plus wirelessly with the Audi phone box using the wireless adapter thing on my iPhone which is great and a relief having bought the phone box not knowing for sure whether it would work! Only challenge is that I think I need to plug the phone into the USB to get applecar play to work, which if so kind of defeats the object lol

40. Joetidman

Noticed that under certain conditions the box is going into coast mode in individual setting (only did that in eco in my S3). I hope it's not a fault but something i can switch off

41. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Congrats looks awesome!!

How is the rear seating space compared to the s3?

Joetidman likes this.
  42. Joetidman

Much better, kids have far more leg room than before even with my low and seat back driving position! Wife prefers it to the S3!

43. Ridders71

Looks fantastic. I am sooooo jealous I still have weeks to wait for mine. Pleased I stuck with navarrra blue, I think it's a great colour. Did you have the dealer do any detailing?
    Are you finding mich difference in the settings for the adaptive dampers?

Joetidman likes this.