New S5 Owner

DaytonaGrey123

Reaction score
New B9 S5 owner. Some piece of kit love it, couple of questions if anybody could help that would be great

Its at 31,000 17 reg and has just been serviced but the garage servicing it said that a gearbox service was not on the schedule? Is this right? Seen as though i carnt actually find a schedule anywhere i don't know if thats true. Heard you need to keep on top of these gearboxes

How do i link up the car with the my audi app? And what capabilities does this give me? Can you locate the car via gps? Turn the heaters on that kind of thing?

Thanks

Congrats on the new car, got any photos?

As for servicing I’m not sure as my S5 is only at 12k so don’t know when things are needed yet.

To link with the my Audi App you need the 10 character code that should be on a little plastic attachment on the key under a scratch off window. You then need to enter that into the MMI along with your account info that you put into the app.

As for functionality of the app you can only lock/unlock, see the the fuel level, range, if the windows are up/lights off. You can see the cars location. But you can’t turn on the heaters.

Reactions: V6 Quatt
I believe the gearbox is due at 38,000 miles.

As Jonnie said, no features such as turning on heaters but can lock and unlock, see cars location, windows open, doors open, boot/bonnet, fuel level, next service due.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

S5 B9 has a tiptronic so according to Audi the oil is sealed for life. The dual clutch s-tronics gearboxes need the service at 38K.

I've heard on other forums that the 8 speed ZF used in the S5 needs an oil change at around 70K

All

Thanks for your help. Phoned up an audi independent garage who checked the schedule and they confirmed what audi had said there is no gearbox service (still seems strange to me)

Will post some pictures of the car later

How do i find this plastic code? Carnt see it on either keys? Dont know what im looking for though

Thanks

All

Thanks for your help. Phoned up an audi independent garage who checked the schedule and they confirmed what audi had said there is no gearbox service (still seems strange to me)

Will post some pictures of the car later

How do i find this plastic code? Carnt see it on either keys? Dont know what im looking for though

Thanks

Mine came on a tag like this one, it’s the code on the left. I think if it’s missing then your local dealer may be able to activate it for you.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.au...cd7ba22cd0c083810554f0c1193286b19ffa6edc.jpeg

ZF definitely recommend an oil change, even if Audi don't. But one of the problems about Audi dealer servicing is that generally if its not a service item, they won't or can't service it even if you ask! You'd probably have to go to an indie.

But if its not a serviceable item and a 'sealed unit' doesnt that mean it could be risky trying to do it?

Anyways thanks for the help couple of photos of attached

Attachments

• 20190902_175656_compress95.jpg
    20190902_175656_compress95.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 295
  • 20190902_175757_compress63.jpg
    20190902_175757_compress63.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 256
  • Screenshot_20190902-175842_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20190902-175842_WhatsApp.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 299
Reactions: paulie102003, Simonwhite2000 and Jonnie
But if its not a serviceable item and a 'sealed unit' doesnt that mean it could be risky trying to do it?

Anyways thanks for the help couple of photos of attached
Very nice - same as mine! Let me know if you have any specific questions about anything!

Congrats - that was my next colour choice you have there - I got my B9 S5 in June and I still absolutely love it. Ive finally learnt where in the rev range where to get the best exhaust burbles out of her when just coming off throttle. Probably not best for fuel consumption but who cares about that.... :wub:

The pre sense warning however is more nervous than the ex wife though and tends to like freaking out a bit (of whom my car was bought as a congratultions for getting rid of her present)

Enjoy her - didnt take long for me to grow fond of her I must say :wub::whistle2:

In relation to setting up the audiapp, the dealership did that for me. He was flicking back and forth between so many screens I lost what he was doing. Did you buy it from an Audi dealer? Could you take it past them and see if they could just out of courtesy walk you through how to do it? I use the audi app alot - mainly to check to see if I have locked it all correctly etc. Its not quite as indepth as the Jaguar ones - no remote start, pre heating etc, but I like it. Got a metatrak tracker installed on her too as they do get a fair bit of attention on the road by fellow car enthusiastics