New S5 owner questions

Taco67

Reaction score
Hello folks, today i purchased my first Audi, a '57 plate S5 4.2 V8. i can't wait to pick it up and get on the road, the test drive sold me instantly lol! i'll post some pics later

im looking for some advice in general about the car, firstly, should i use high octane petrol rather than regular?
any good aftermarket additions that fit well with the S5? (headlamp conversions, grille, etc)
can the stereo firmware be updated(i ask this because mine doesnt have Polish installed, which my girlfriend would prefer)
is an ecu remap worth it? ive heard the performance gain on average is only around 5-10bhp, but would it increase fuel economy etc?

thanks in advance

Hi Mate,

Id certainly use Shell V Power Nitro and not regular stuff tbh.I saw someone filling up a 4.2 S5 funnily enough yesterday in tesco... I cringed...

And remap i dont think it gets a great deal as I toyed with doing mine. Supercharger is the answer for gains on these engines and thats £££!

thanks Av4nt,

with something like this, i dont want to go messing up the engine for the sake of a few pounds at the forecourt, so V Power it shall be:grinning:

is a remap only good for power output? it's the first time i've looked at this kinda thing, as my previous cars have been nothing worth shouting about.
i looked at a few supercharger options, yep.....think i'll stick with stock as far as they are concerned lol!!

Remaps work best with turbos. Much more significant increases. Of course that is if you define best as increasing torque/bhp as best, which is what most of us do with remaps!

thanks mister.c, i was unsure if it was only turbos that saw a performance gain of any note, now i know.

are there any tweaks that can be done to the ecu, other than a remap? as ive saw a few things online like using a phone app to open windows, remote engine start, etc

pictures as promised

Attachments

• 2847895.jpg
    2847895.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 195
  • 2847903.jpg
    2847903.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 189
  • 2847905.jpg
    2847905.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 201
  • PicsArt_1441210887494.jpg
    PicsArt_1441210887494.jpg
    742.7 KB · Views: 179
  • PicsArt_1441211036019.jpg
    PicsArt_1441211036019.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 202
you would get a better bhp/torque increase with a remap if you also go with an upgraded exhaust system to combine it. Im sure there are tweaks that can be done but I dont know much about that. Through vag cable probably.

And love the pics, lovely motor :) Seen one of these on pistonheads for just over £13k on 87k miles was very tempted myself!!

cheers again Av4nt, those pictures dont really do it justice, once i get it home and washed/waxed i'll spend a bit more time on them:)

i was looking at the Milltek non-resonated twin 80mm pipes, but i'll google around and see what my other options are

Stereo I would imagine can be done through VCDS regarding languages id have thought. Milltek is fine but there are loads about to choose from. Depends what sound you want to go for.

i'd like something to enhance the rumble of the v8, but not sound like some boy racer type. it sounds gorgeous as it is, but slightly louder would be a bonus

Exactly the noise I want and i dont know how to achieveit for a reasonable price! Was thinking custom exhaust like just cat back instead of the whole system. going to go to a custom guy who did my last cars exhausts and see what he reckons.

let me know how that goes mate. i need to have a look around my area to see who/where is a reliable place to take the car to