New S5 Order

Burnsa89

Reaction score
Looking to place an order for either an s5 or s4. What sort of discount should i be aiming for on the s5, most i have seen on here is 13%? Is that about as much as i can expect?

Currently drive an s3 saloon but now requiring something bigger

I'd say 13-15% dependant upon final spec.....

I'd say 13-15% dependant upon final spec.....

Thanks , I've checked out coast to coast cars and they offer £8700 off. That's on one specced up to about 54k. The dealer is Whetstone Audi

That's not a bad % ! So, at £45k after discount is that good enough a deal for you?

That's not a bad % ! So, at £45k after discount is that good enough a deal for you?

I'm just struggling with the neq eq in my s3 , they will only give me book price even though it's fully loaded with extras , also the difference between same spec s4 is a good £50 a month due to the APR only being 3.9%

But really like the s5 so where there's a will there's a way

Just trying to trim my spec at little. Wondering if HUD is worth the £900? Especially now virtual cockpit is about

Reactions: orcomma
I've ordered my S5 with basically EVERYTHING ticked and for me the HUD is the best new feature. The fact that I don't have to look down to the dash for basic information is just amazing. The only downside is that I have polarised glasses for driving and if I use that its basically filters out most of what I see from the HUD, but I'll rather buy new glasses than switching off the HUD.

For me personally I wouldn't spec HUD - it's a great bit of kit but adds a lot of £££

Anybody any pictures of the piano black inlays? Currently liaising with the dealer and getting very close to striking a deal !! In relation to the adaptive s sport suspension, is this like mag ride on my s3 saloon? Just i never cycle the drive select modes on my s3 , is just pretty much stays in dynamic so i'm thinking its not worth extra £900? Quattro with sport diff, is this if you are going to drive to the limits??

Anybody any pictures of the piano black inlays? Currently liaising with the dealer and getting very close to striking a deal !! In relation to the adaptive s sport suspension, is this like mag ride on my s3 saloon? Just i never cycle the drive select modes on my s3 , is just pretty much stays in dynamic so i'm thinking its not worth extra £900? Quattro with sport diff, is this if you are going to drive to the limits??
Adaptive suspension is useful for bad roads or long journeys or if you have a family who would complain about the ride quality. Sport diff is the real quattro(torsen), if you don't spec that then you'll get a Haldex Ultra (Basically front wheel drive all the time except when it need extra traction).

Unless you can live with the inlays always marring or scratching then go for another option.

I had the option of a car with PB inlays and avoided based on previous experience. Others say the same re marring etc. so be sure its for you !!

Reactions: R.A.G
Adaptive suspension is useful for bad roads or long journeys or if you have a family who would complain about the ride quality. Sport diff is the real quattro(torsen), if you don't spec that then you'll get a Haldex Ultra (Basically front wheel drive all the time except when it need extra traction).

Sorry mate but you've been misinformed re the sport diff, the S5 is Torsen regardless of this option, the sport diff adds a limited slip diff between the two rear wheel and makes the car feel a little more rear biased when pressing on, without it you get an open rear diff but it's still a Torsen 60/40 rear biased set up.

Sorry mate but you've been misinformed re the sport diff, the S5 is Torsen regardless of this option, the sport diff adds a limited slip diff between the two rear wheel and makes the car feel a little more rear biased when pressing on, without it you get an open rear diff but it's still a Torsen 60/40 rear biased set up.

Thanks , the s3 saloon has haldex , havent been to impressed when comparing it to past quattro models i have had!

Reactions: R.A.G
Agree, I traded in an 8S TTS which had the latest gen haldex which wasn't bad but still felt like a very much front driven chasis.

The Torsen setup in the S5 is a much better, slightly rear biased setup.