New s5 cab. help

Ianf42

Reaction score
new car arrived !! Fantatsic .

I had the A5 cab deseil , but needed a v6 S5

My old car had no healight wash . This does and makes a complete mess of the car .

How could i turn this off . Help please .

Thanks

As far as i remember if headlights are in the off position the headlights do not wash, this was the trick in my bmw

Not tried in the s5 but worth a go if the car needs a wash anyway?

Had them in my A6 and hated them. The whole front looked messy, rather than just a few spots on the headlight. And correct, they work only if headlights are switched on.

And not everytime. I tested mine this morning on my A4 and with the headlamps off they did not wash...

If you know someone with vcds or OBDeleven it can be coded to off, but may be against MOT , you can always turn it back on when it’s time if you still have the car.
96B6A454 3B0D 46C0 820D 3F959BDD8A9F

On the bmw it was a cycle

With headlights on auto regardless if headlights actually on or not they would do headlamp wash every 3rd cycle of washing windscreen

Correct, thats why I turned them off. Disabling the headlight wash would possibly make the car illegal on the road, however I am sure no-one would be that interested unless the lamps themselves were covered in mud...

Reactions: Audidave69
So , my 1 year old a5 convertible that I changed to an s5 with the same lights had no light wash...so the rules must be new .

Thanks for input ...lights off for me when I do screen wash

I have new Audi A5 with led headlights and no headlight washers, but I think the led matrix headlight and xenon’s have headlight washers as the output is higher.
As cuke2u says disabling them shouldn’t be a massive problem

I have matrix headlights on my s5 cab, I have headlight washers

if low beam light sources emit more than 2000 lumens you have to have headlight washers, so looks like the standard led`s are under this matrix/xenon are over.